CHL Subway Super Series Sites Announced - Oshawa and Sudbury OHL Hosts

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
http://www.chl.ca/article/2013-subway-super-series-hosts

The six-game series, which features regional teams of Canadian National Junior Team candidates competing against the Russian National Junior Team, begins with two games hosted by the QMJHL on Monday November 18 in Gatineau, QC, home of the Olympiques, and Wednesday November 20 in Sherbrooke, QC, home of the Phoenix. The competition shifts to the OHL for the middle leg of the series with Game 3 to be hosted by the Oshawa Generals on Thursday November 21, followed by Game 4 hosted by the Sudbury Wolves on Monday November 25. The final two games of the series move west to Alberta where the WHL’s Red Deer Rebels will host Game 5 on Wednesday November 27, with the series concluding on Thursday November 28 with Game 6 hosted by the Lethbridge Hurricanes

Planning to be at the GMC Nov 21!

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Just don't buy any crap about these games possibly leading to bigger hosting gigs.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Love the super series when it comes around every year. Didn't Sudbury just have it in 2011? Good places to host it though, would like to see the Aud in Kitchener host another event like this. The Yardman Arena in Belleville would be another good place to see these guys play on that Olympic ice sheet.

Not in 2011, but Sudbury did host it the year before.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Just don't buy any crap about these games possibly leading to bigger hosting gigs.

Indeed. Val-d'Or had it last year and in 2006, and will almost certainly (sadly) never host anything bigger due to the size of their arena.

I am pretty excited about it though. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not, but the Olympiques are giving us tickets in our season ticket packages!

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Indeed. Val-d'Or had it last year and in 2006, and will almost certainly (sadly) never host anything bigger due to the size of their arena.

I am pretty excited about it though. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not, but the Olympiques are giving us tickets in our season ticket packages!

The Niagara IceDogs were one of the OHL hosts of the Super Series in 2008(mainly because of the efforts of the IceDogs' owners), and-until the team's new arena opens in over a year-it would likely be the last major event it would host.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad