Prospect Info: CHL Playoffs: Road to Memorial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Rangers score 2 empty netter, wins 6-3 and take the lead 3-0 in their serie against the top team in the division, Windsor. Pretty quiet game by Mesar tonight, but Wright wasnt much better. For those still worrying about Wright, you can sleep peacefully...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Rangers score 2 empty netter, wins 6-3 and take the lead 3-0 in their serie against the top team in the division, Windsor. Pretty quiet game by Mesar tonight, but Wright wasnt much better. For those still worrying about Wright, you can sleep peacefully...

Wright doesnt have a clutch gene in his body. I tried everything to excuse it away since I thought we would be taking him but being "smarter" than everyone doesn't excuse deferring every time you have the puck .

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Wright doesnt have a clutch gene in his body. I tried everything to excuse it away since I thought we would be taking him but being "smarter" than everyone doesn't excuse deferring every time you have the puck .
What a frickin' lousy year to win 1OA.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He thought he was smarter than the game lol, he was set for a huge reality check. It started at the draft, then not being able to keep up with the play at the Krakens camp. At least practicing with the team improved his all around game a bit, but there is still nothing great there, an average 2nd line center at best.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I'll admit I haven't watched a minute of Kitchener's playoff games yet, but no points for Mesar in any of the 15 goals his team has scored so far in the playoffs? Not exactly giving me warm fuzzies, but I'm still pretty high on him for now.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'll admit I haven't watched a minute of Kitchener's playoff games yet, but no points for Mesar in any of the 15 goals his team has scored so far in the playoffs? Not exactly giving me warm fuzzies, but I'm still pretty high on him for now.
C'mon man embrace the Slovakian experience to it's fullest.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Really didn't see Kitchener getting a potential sweep over Windsor. Thought that was going the other way. Good for Kitchener!

London wins back-to-back OT games to go up 3-0 over Owen Sound, who are working their asses off. Much respect to them. London is just too talented.

I criticized Beck earlier and he scores the game winner. Let's go, kid! Peterborough is also up 3-0.

The Hamilton-Barrie series has been tough, tough hockey. Hamilton is bending but not breaking.

Great hockey.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Updated the OP after last night's results.

Prospects recap from yesterday (Apr 4)

- Gatineau lost 3-2 vs. Saint John (Up 2-1 in series)
Kidney with 1 assist / -1 / 1 SOG / 66% FOW
Playoffs so far: 8 pts (1G, 7A) in 3 GP

- Sherbrooke won 6-2 vs. Blainville-Boisbriand (Up 3-0 in series)
Roy with 4 pts (1G, 3A) / +3 / 3 SOG / 1 Hit / *Named 1st Star*
Playoffs so far: 7 pts (3G, 4A) in 3 GP

- London won 3-2 in OT vs. Owen Sound (Up 3-0 in series)
Mailloux with 1 assist / +1 / 3 SOG / 2 PIM
Playoffs so far: 1 assist in 3 GP
Guindon with 2 pts (1G, 1A) / 4 SOG / 44% FOW / *Named 2nd Star*
Playoffs so far: 5 pts (2G, 3A) in 3 GP

- Peterborough won 5-3 vs. Sudbury (Up 3-0 in series)
Beck with 1 goal / 4 SOG / 60% FOW / *Named 3rd Star*
Playoffs so far: 2 pts (1G, 1A) in 3 GP

- Kitchener won 6-3 vs. Windsor (Up 3-0 in series)
Mesar with 0 pts / -1 / 1 SOG
Playoffs so far: 0 pts in 3 GP
Sobolev with 0 pts / -1 / 1 SOG / 2 PIM
Playoffs so far: 0 pts in 3 GP

- Ottawa lost 5-4 in OT to Oshawa (Up 2-1 in series)
Rohrer with 0 pts / 3 SOG / 32% FOW
Playoffs so far: 2 assist in 3 GP

- Seattle won 4-1 vs. Kelowna (Up 3-0 in series)
Davidson with 2 assist / +2 / 3 SOG / 69% FOW / *Named 3rd Star*
Playoffs so far: 5 pts (1G, 4A) in 3 GP

Prospects in action today (Apr. 5)

- Kidney @ 6PM ET (Game 4 vs. Saint John)
- Roy @ 6PM ET (Game 4 vs. Blainville-Boisbriand) - could complete the sweep
- Beck @ 7PM ET (Game 4 vs. Sudbury) - could complete the sweep
- Davidson @ 10PM ET (Game 4 vs. Kelowna) - could complete the sweep

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think he means he disappears when games are close. He said afterwards that Nadeau and Dean came out strong.

1680697469702.png

That's just a bad take, guy can f*** off.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

He thought he was smarter than the game lol, he was set for a huge reality check. It started at the draft, then not being able to keep up with the play at the Krakens camp. At least practicing with the team improved his all around game a bit, but there is still nothing great there, an average 2nd line center at best.
What a low point this will be in Wright's OHL career if Windsor gets upset by Kitchener (perhaps even swept) after going all in and trading the farm to acquire him for run at the Memorial Cup. It's unreal how little upward trajectory he has had since his huge underage rookie season that feels like it was an eternity ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad