Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
@bpcobb89 @CraigJButton: what part of his game don't you like at center?

Craig Button ‏@CraigJButton: @bpcobb89 Playmaking.

That play right there says a lot about how Zacha's IQ and playmaking ability. Button is just wrong.

Oh give me a break, 1 play in juniors doesn't tell you anything.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Zacha with two great chances. One-timer bomb from the blue line and some juicy rebounds. Second time around, Mistele tucks in the rebound. 4 point night for Zacha so far.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
Oh give me a break, 1 play in juniors doesn't tell you anything.
I've been impressed with his playmaking ability every time I see him play. He is a very accurate passer and does most of the little things right. He has a bright future and I thought the same when he was in a slump.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I've been impressed with his playmaking ability every time I see him play. He is a very accurate passer and does most of the little things right. He has a bright future and I thought the same when he was in a slump.

Thats fine. Actually thats great. But to base that sort of an assessment off of one play makes no sense.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
There is no protest, just saying it how it is. I don't make assessments with homer glasses on like many others.

Zacha is currently in a 7 way tie for 2nd in scoring in the playoffs.

He has 1 more point than Dylan Strome, 3 more than Mitch Marner.

Just saying how it is.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Zacha's been on a tear lately, so let's hope this production level keeps up. No worries in having differing opinions over our prospects. Obviously I'm very biased though.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Zacha is currently in a 7 way tie for 2nd in scoring in the playoffs.

He has 1 more point than Dylan Strome, 3 more than Mitch Marner.

Just saying how it is.

I'm not sure why you are telling me this, I did not ask for his stats relative to Strome and Marner.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Zacha's been on a tear lately, so let's hope this production level keeps up. No worries in having differing opinions over our prospects. Obviously I'm very biased though.

I have nothing against Pavel, he is my favourite prospect that we have. People seem to get offending because I said that it is unreasonable to make an assessment of a player off of one play. There is bias then there is over the top bias that some have around here.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I have nothing against Pavel, he is my favourite prospect that we have. People seem to get offending because I said that it is unreasonable to make an assessment of a player off of one play. There is bias then there is over the top bias that some have around here.

Yeah, sorry if I insinuated anything. I completely understand what you mean. It's not wise to judge a player from just one play. Otherwise we'd look at Ruutu through just this play

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I'm excited about Speers, we really overhauled the present and future of RW pretty well in the past year

Speers looks to be a gem of a pick. He was skating really well tonight. Can't wait to see what he does next season with an actual team in SSM (not implying they aren't doing well this year, but they had set up for a "rebuild year" after a deep run).

Also Blackwood stopped 34/37 shots tonight for Barrie in their OT loss to Mississauga

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Your point is right. You can't make a determination off one play.

That said disagreeing with Button overall for his overall body of play is fair too I think (plus Button gets it wrong as much as anyone).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad