Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2019-20 Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Reactions: My3Sons and Billdo

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Now that Hynes and his stupid defensive system is gone, I am excited for Smith. He did not fit what Hynes wanted at all. Then again, seems no one does...

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Now that Hynes and his stupid defensive system is gone, I am excited for Smith. He did not fit what Hynes wanted at all. Then again, seems no one does...

I think Hynes’ system is like one of those old Nolan Richardson systems where guys chased the opponent all over the basketball court. Press on the inbound pass after every possession press the ball carrier on the way up the court press the guy in the offensive end. Switch you assignment when the offense runs a pick. High speed all the time. That works great in college when you have an athletically superior team but to do something like that in the NHL you’d have to specifically set up the team for it and I’m not sure how flexible it would be. If you had twenty amazing skaters with size and brains and agility and amazing stamina and complete dedication to the system you could probably make it work but how much would they have left for offense and could you find those players who also had offensive talent? It would be tricky.

Reactions: nugg

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I wonder what that's about. I see he finally hit a PPG in his draft+2 year, but that 67s team is stacked. Unless I'm missing something, it's not a huge loss, is it?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I wonder what that's about. I see he finally hit a PPG in his draft+2 year, but that 67s team is stacked. Unless I'm missing something, it's not a huge loss, is it?

Contract limit most likely. It's nice that he had a good year, but it was on a stacked team and we've drafted 28 players in the past 3 years. It's just a numbers game really which sucks for Hoelscher, hope he finds success on another team if we don't end up signing him.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It's hard to know who is turning down whom here, though I would assume it is the Devils not offering him a contract. Hoelscher had a good year but he is stuck behind a ton of guys in the system - he would likely start as a healthy scratch in Binghamton next season, and would have a very long road ahead of him to get off that level.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Probably best for both that they go their own separate ways.

Hoelscher would’ve have to struggle to get playing time both in AHL and even in the NHL down the line if he continued to develop. Devils likely will not want a three year commitment to yet another middling forward prospect at this point.

Reactions: Darkauron

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Kuokkanen
Foote
McLeod
Wood
Boqvist
Zacha? (If not,
Rooney
Anderson
Hughes? (if not, Zajac.)
Merkley
Maltsev
Seney
Possibly our 2020 pick

Too much bottom-6 competition there.

Seney should be at the top of the list. He leads all Devils' draft pick prospects in scoring rates since 2012.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Do these guys re-enter the draft now or are they free agents?

Hoelscher/Bernard will go back into the draft pool since they're 2000 birthdates (if they were over 21 they'd be free agents). If they're not drafted then they're free agents. Not sure if there might be interest in Hoelscher from somebody else before we lose his rights. A few years back Tampa didn't have the contract slots so they weren't going to sign former 6th rounder Boko Imama, but they were able to trade him for a 7th round pick to LA.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Seney should be at the top of the list. He leads all Devils' draft pick prospects in scoring rates since 2012.

Seney should be dealt this off-season for a similar defender. Devils just can't give him the opportunity he deserves.

I would love to try to flip him for Gabriel Carlsson.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
That June 1st date should be pushed to the right, NHl will overlook it though.

I can't think of any reason to move this date back. The junior hockey season is over. Proximity to the draft really doesn't make a difference for this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad