Chipman's comments

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Interesting that he mentions they may have undersized True North Square.

“It’s perfectly suited for hosting that kind of event, though I have to tell you, when we designed it, no one was contemplating 20,000 people coming downtown,” Chipman admitted.

May have to limit the numbers in the future?

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017

“It’s perfectly suited for hosting that kind of event, though I have to tell you, when we designed it, no one was contemplating 20,000 people coming downtown,” Chipman admitted.

Did he say how many it will fit?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Ah limit the size and keep demand high:sarcasm:
It’s so ruthless it just might work :naughty:

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I like reading & listening to Chipman talk both hockey and business.....one is my interest and the other my career.

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
Interviewers couldn't possibly have kissed more ass.

how do you fit through doors with such a large chip on your shoulder :laugh:

It's an interview on a morning radio show, not a congressional investigation. Despite the seemingly constant negative outlook you have on everything, some people enjoy hearing positive discussion about a relatively successful season on their drive to work

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
how do you fit through doors with such a large chip on your shoulder :laugh:

It's an interview on a morning radio show, not a congressional investigation. Despite the seemingly constant negative outlook you have on everything, some people enjoy hearing positive discussion about a relatively successful season on their drive to work

I enjoy positive commentary..but that was painful...

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
So we play a Game 7 and have to start the next series 48 hours later.

The Caps win Game 7 and don't play until 5 days later.
First they don't like to start the Cup final in the middle of a long weekend and second other teams had issues as well. Caps only 3 days after playing the Pens had to play Tampa. Caps only 2 days after playing Columbus they had to the Pens.
Boston after Toronto had to play Tampa two days later. So it happens. Rest doesn't always mean success. Just ask Tampa.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Sometimes we forget the 15 years without an NHL team, and all the work Chipman did during that time. That's okay, my kid takes me for granted too. ;)

I agree. Now that we have the NHL back in Winnipeg, it's amazing how fast those 15 years without it seem to have gone by. You're right about Chipman too and all the work he did to lay the foundation to bring the NHL back by first learning the ropes of running a franchise in the IHL/AHL with the Manitoba Moose. There were many that were critical of him as they saw the Moose as an impediment to the NHL coming back when in fact the opposite was true. He had a plan in place and we are so fortunate to have an individual like him that believed in our city and the hockey fans that reside here. Every day I am thankful to have the Winnipeg Jets in our city and to be part of the NHL again. Every once in a while I go into YouTube and watch the events of the days leading up to the announcement of TNSE purchasing the Atlanta Thrashers. I never get tired of reliving those events and being reminded of how fortunate we are.

:jets

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

True North Square's public plaza won't be able to handle anywhere near the numbers that were coming downtown for the street parties. 2500 might be about capacity there. You could close Graham off - but Hargrave is tricky because of the parkades at City Place and the one across from BMTS Place. And I assume Carlton won't be closeable either with the TNS parkade and the hotel and condo going up across from TNS. So if they're doing a big street party again, it'll probably mostly be in about the same places it was this year, with a connection via Graham to TNS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad