Rumor: Chicago may be working on deal with Cam Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I don't understand the negativity about this. I think Ward will be a good veteran presence and do his job. No goalie the past years was good with the Canes, they all got worse.
I'm happy about Ward so far.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I don't understand the negativity about this. I think Ward will be a good veteran presence and do his job. No goalie the past years was good with the Canes, they all got worse.
I'm happy about Ward so far.

I'm very happy about the term. The salary is a little high, but was needed in light of the term. Anyway, grumbling about peanuts is idiotic. As far as the player, jury's out. Could turn out great, could be another Turco. If he hits the middle of those projections, he'll be a serviceable backup.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Looks like the Hawks are swinging and missing quite a bit. At this point I would say stay put and suck again this year. Let's get another high draft pick and rebuild. I would not explore the trade market too hard as you have to give assets to acquire some. Maybe if it allows them to get younger, but I would not trade picks or prospects for an established player as it still won't be enough to make them a contender.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
2.5 for 1 year is nothing. We are not going to spend to the cap and could create a bit more with trading Anisimov.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
2.5 for 1 year is nothing. We are not going to spend to the cap and could create a bit more with trading Anisimov.

His cap hit is going to be higher per Scott Powers latest update..

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
All the positives I had about Ward signing are fading fast

How the hell does Stanley have all the leverage (Look at all the goalies on market) and somehow get taken advantage of by Ward and his agent

I fear the final # on Ward deal. 2.5M was the max the Hawks should have gone

If its 3M+ then Stanley had made a major mistake

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No source saying 3M+ but reports his AAV is higher then 2.5M

So seeing all these goalies come in at 2.75M or 2.5M on multi-year deal is leading to people speculating he is getting 3M+

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
All the positives I had about Ward signing are fading fast

How the hell does Stanley have all the leverage (Look at all the goalies on market) and somehow get taken advantage of by Ward and his agent

I fear the final # on Ward deal. 2.5M was the max the Hawks should have gone

If its 3M+ then Stanley had made a major mistake
There were never any positives about signing Ward.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Saw Detroit was trying to get him on a 1 year deal too before going to Bernier.

So that could of raised $

Reactions: BK

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Looks like the rumors are saying going after Ward and Kunitz. Seems like character is high on the list this year. Both great guys in the room, both Stanley Cup champions, both old but short-term deals.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ward is good in the room and can help our younger goalies grow. This assuming Crow is not there.
Literally any goalie could do that, Khudobin, Halak, etc. IMO signing Ward indicates Crawford is fine, and those things Ward could bring aren't needed.

And I would rather have a goalie that can stop the puck than a goalie who is good in room or good for young goalies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Literally any goalie could do that, Khudobin, Halak, etc. IMO signing Ward indicates Crawford is fine, and those things Ward could bring aren't needed.

And I would rather have a goalie that can stop the puck than a goalie who is good in room or good for young goalies.

Literally any goalie could not do that.

We disagree on Crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad