Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Problem is, Seth isn’t worth his contract. Yet he set the market for defensemen with his, Nurse has said that he wasn’t close to the numbers he ended up getting when he was negotiating his new contract. We’re in a flat cap world and players who’re trending south are setting the market?? Not good.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Problem is, Seth isn’t worth his contract. Yet he set the market for defensemen with his, Nurse has said that he wasn’t close to the numbers he ended up getting when he was negotiating his new contract. We’re in a flat cap world and players who’re trending south are setting the market?? Not good.

The contract isn't great but giving up 3 first rounders within a 5 year period to sign it is probably the bigger issue. Anything short of playoffs is poopiebuns.

Reactions: h2owned

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
so far this season. This isn’t with slavin to supposedly do the heavy lifting.

Glad Chicago didn’t get him.
View attachment 473855
What is your point ? This is about the Jones signing and how terrible it looks so far.
Hamilton’s heat map has nothing to do with it, how’s his map on a different team show that the Jones trade and signing isn’t terrible so far?
By the way , Hamilton has been very good for the Devils and once again I am very thankful for Jones signing in Chicago instead of them going after Hamilton . I could not imagine giving up a good young prospects plus picks for Jones .

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
The contract isn't great but giving up 3 first rounders within a 5 year period to sign it is probably the bigger issue. Anything short of playoffs is poopiebuns.

for the Hawks, yes. And come on with poopiebuns. Wtf.

however, Jones contract set the market for the whole league. That sucks when you have Weegar and Ekblad coming up the same year. With Huberdeau the year prior.
Again, in a flat cap.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
jones has played pretty well so far. the plus minus is brutal but doesnt reflect the reality of the individual play.

Out of the games I watched he looks like a very tall Tyson Barrie with a muffin point shot. In general is that a bad thing? No. Is it a bad thing when you are getting Norris trophy money? Yes

He was making the wrong choices in his own zone and is 2 step behinds when reacting back there.

Jones skill is still there from his peak but he mentally very off.

Reactions: ultra63

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Out of the games I watched he looks like a very tall Tyson Barrie with a muffin point shot. In general is that a bad thing? No. Is it a bad thing when you are getting Norris trophy money? Yes

He was making the wrong choices in his own zone and is 2 step behinds when reacting back there.

Jones skill is still there from his peak but he mentally very off.
Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug.

I was expecting Jones to be an absolute dumpster fire but have been pleasantly surprised.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
This coach is so terrible that he could turn Gretzky and Lidstrom into bums.
Nah. Both Gretzky and Lidstrom could pick up a twig, walk onto any team on the planet, without a coach at all, and still perform and lead. The coach is well over his skis but the players still need to play on the ice. Always blaming the coach is lazy.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I set a course record at my local golf course with +56, I am clearly the best golfer in town.
Bring me Next time I'm probably able to shatter that :( But It won't count since I won't sign my card.. and I won't keep my own score :) But if it's a good day out I'll still enjoy it.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This trade is a firm example as to why non-hockey markets are suddenly going to turn into long-term contenders.
Gosh, maybe at that point they'll be hockey markets, then. What a concept. Funny how that works, right?

jim-carrey-haha.gif

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Gosh, maybe at that point they'll be hockey markets, then. What a concept. Funny how that works, right?

jim-carrey-haha.gif

In a players POV, such as nobody wanting to play in Winnipeg but when a stupid contract leaves, it makes room for an extension amongst a young star, and so on, and so on, and so on. Because that player goes to play in Florida or California.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad