:flyers
-Seth Jones
-Arvid Soderblom
-2024 3rd round pick (67th overall)
-2024 3rd round pick (72nd overall)
Solid pass from the Flyers

Ajex12x

Mar 18, 2023
Then there would also be zero reason for the Black Hawks to make that trade.
He thinks he's being funny or something, not serious, don't worry about it. That said, as a Hawks fan, op offer is bad for flyers

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
To Chicago:
:hawks
-Rasmus Ristolainen
-Cal Petersen
-2024 1st round pick (12th overall)

To Philly:
:flyers
-Seth Jones
-Arvid Soderblom
-2024 3rd round pick (67th overall)
-2024 3rd round pick (72nd overall)
If I'm Briere, and you call me with that offer... Only way I take Jones and give you 12 overall is if you give me 2nd overall, and take a contract in the return., I'll even add a 3rd for Chicago. Jones contract is horrendous. This all means, it aint happening.
Don't forget, Jones didn't have the stones to play in philly before he went too Chicago...Don't think Briere and Jones forget that

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can't imagine the Flyers' needs were taken into account before proposing this. Jones is making an absurd amount of money until just this side of doomsday, he's nearly 30 now, when our most reasonable Cup window doesn't open for another 3-4 years if we're lucky, Petersen goes away at the end of the year if we do nothing, so we're giving up on that impending cap relief, and as this stands, the Flyers aren't cap compliant if we make the deal, so we'd have to find additional ways to shed money for a player who doesn't help us, after giving up one of our key assets.

I don't think this one's salvageable, but an actual attempt to do so would at least involve Philly also offloading Atkinson, so we end up cap compliant at the end of the process, and either removing 12OA from our side or adding 2OA on Chicago's.

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
He thinks he's being funny or something, not serious, don't worry about it. That said, as a Hawks fan, op offer is bad for flyers
No, it's serious because it accomplishes what the OP is trying to do, which is move Jones' contract. The difference is that it treats Jones contract like the albatross that it is and not a positive asset bringing back the 12th pick like in the OP. No one is taking on that contract as is for free let alone sending value back.

Ajex12x

Mar 18, 2023
No, it's serious because it accomplishes what the OP is trying to do, which is move Jones' contract. The difference is that it treats Jones contract like the albatross that it is and not a positive asset bringing back the 12th pick like in the OP. No one is taking on that contract as is for free let alone sending value back.
My bad, I misread that, as short as it was lol.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Seth Jones is still a good hockey player.
He is maybe 1.5M overpaid but you expect that on a UFA contract.
Anyone with the cap space to make it work would be glad to have him.

I swear his analytics being terrible have to do with playing half the game on shitty teams, not his ability as a hockey player. He can't control what the other 4 guys on the ice do.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Seth Jones is still a good hockey player.
He is maybe 1.5M overpaid but you expect that on a UFA contract.
Anyone with the cap space to make it work would be glad to have him.

I swear his analytics being terrible have to do with playing half the game on shitty teams, not his ability as a hockey player. He can't control what the other 4 guys on the ice do.

Doesn’t mean he’s worth a first round pick.

I’d rather just keep the Risto / Cal’s contracts than deal with the contract of Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad