Confirmed Trade: [CHI/MTL] Nicolas Beaudin for Cam Hillis

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Hillis is worth about a roll of paper too.

This is a minor league trade.
This isnt a slight on the Habs getting him.

It’s more of Bowman and Kelly’s garbage that Davidson is getting rid of at rock bottom prices.

Can Beaudin turn it around? Probably not. He’s really bad. It doesn’t matter what the Hawks get in return. Yes, Beaudin is that bad.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Well i guess Montreal are looking for player who can play in the NHL
Beaudin can play in the NHL

19-20 : 1 game, +1
20-21 : 19 games, 2+4=6, +1
21-22 : 2 games, +1

He has potential tbh.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Well i guess Montreal are looking for player who can play in the NHL
Beaudin can play in the NHL

19-20 : 1 game, +1
20-21 : 19 games, 2+4=6, +1
21-22 : 2 games, +1

He has potential tbh.
we're loaded on the left side. this is an AHL move

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I hope one or both of Xhekaj and Harris get sent down at some point this year and play huge roles on a very good Rocket team, but even if they both get demoted I don't think Beudin has an easy path to a lineup spot, especially if he isn't good on the right side. He's probably better than Chris Wideman today but he is a natural RD
Isnt Laval like 1-4 i know its early but very good team?

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
This isnt a slight on the Habs getting him.

It’s more of Bowman and Kelly’s garbage that Davidson is getting rid of at rock bottom prices.

Can Beaudin turn it around? Probably not. He’s really bad. It doesn’t matter what the Hawks get in return. Yes, Beaudin is that bad.
I didn't take it as a slight, don't worry. I'm just perplexed as to why you repeat over and over that Beaudin was a bust. I mean, I know he can't be very good. He was traded for a pile of shit.

I told you, this isn't a NHL trade. It's a minor league trade, lefty for righty. These things happen all the time. Barring some miracle, it's going to be inconsequential for both the Hawks and Habs.

For the Habs, all this means is that some of our left Ds who could have been sent down to Laval are closer to staying for the year because they have played extremely well. That's the real good news from our side.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I thought Beaudin busted, but Kent Hughes seems to have the Midas' touch so I am guessing he turns into a steady pro.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Related to this trade, Laval also got Riley McKay who was playing in the ECHL while under contract with Rockford. Will report to Trois-rivieres.

Reactions: uncleben

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
This is the new change Beaudin needs. I thought during the draft he could become Girard 2.0.. new team, new life, time to shine or flop completely.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Beaudin is a bust.

Can’t believe they got something other then a roll of toilet paper for him

Hillis was playing ECHL. This is basically an undersized D traded for a undersized C. AHL depth moves. Neither one of them project as full time NHL'ers at this point. If they reach it, they have a lot of development to go through yet. We would be reaching on the late bloomer narrative. Possible but not probable.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Chicago basically gave him away. Why are the Hawks giving up on Beaudin so soon? He's only 23 and has played some games at the NHL level.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
On a side note...Laval received Riley McKay from Rockford for future considerations...so it wasn’t a one for one deal, McKay will eventually make the Habs as he’s been an enforcer buddy of Kirby Dach since his WHL days...

Age 23 with 16 AHL games played and stuck in the ECHL. Do you really think he eventually makes the Habs NHL roster? That's reaching in hope right?

Chicago basically gave him away. Why are the Hawks giving up on Beaudin so soon? He's only 23 and has played some games at the NHL level.

Usually, by age 23, you know what kind of track they are on and he's not on a good track. He's an undersized D man who has not put up much offense in the AHL. Glaring red flags there bud.

At age 23, you would expect to see some gains season/season since they turned pro. Holding onto hope cause he is 23 requires context

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Related to this trade, Laval also got Riley McKay who was playing in the ECHL while under contract with Rockford. Will report to Trois-rivieres.

Kirby Dachs’ BBGFF from WHL days...
Best
Body
Guard
Friend for life

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
this is “good” for the habs. doubt either ever do anything in the nhl, but one may be a serviceable extra skater

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Montreal gets a guy who is a former first rounder and had a French Canadian name for someone they seemingly did not have in their plans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad