Confirmed Trade: [CHI/LAK] Austin Wagner for future considerations

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I could've sworn that LA traded him a few weeks ago. Oh, it must've been that they put him on waivers and he wasn't claimed. I guess that Chicago changed their mind and asked if they could have him for the same price.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Wagner was a big surprise in the 18/19 season. He made a handful of great individual plays.

But he never built on his game from there.

Reactions: Telos

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I'm actually happy about this and not sure why it wasn't done far sooner. He is, no joke, one of the fastest skaters alive. He is instantly up there with the likes of Kempe or even McDavid in terms of straight-line speed. He can get multiple breakaways a game. The problem is that he rarely finishes, has stone hands, and offers little else outside of this god-like ability. Still, he was productive enough to warrant bottom 6 consideration somewhere and has been buried in the AHL for years. I am glad he has a chance to go somewhere else to try again regardless if it is in the NHL or AHL.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
great speed but wasn't going to make the kings roster again. This is a case of Blake moving a player to give him a chance to get back to nhl.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He can at least hit and stick up for teammates as well

I personally don't think he has the IQ for a 4th liner but he was here during some dark days so maybe some smarter linemates and a new situation will be good for keeping the game simple--skate, forecheck, hit.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I always thought there are worse 4th liners currently on clubs. Wagner is fast and the right amount of chippy.

Thought the Flames were a good fit two years back before bringing in Lewis.

For chicago fans:

Pros: He is really f***ing fast

Cons: He is a ginger.
He will get 3-4 breakaways a game and bruise the opposing goalie's torso in to submission from hitting him right in the jersey crest with every shot
come on....his shot is not hard enough for that

• Haha
Reactions: Lt Dan

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He maxed out his speed stats and had no points left over to put into any other categories
It's like in racing games when you choose the fastest car and find out that going 250mph isn't all that valuable if you can't handle turns or go through water, snow or dirt without spinning out.

Reactions: kilowatt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad