Waived: [CHI] F Boris Katchouk waived by the Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I thought he was trending towards a reliable, tough, hard-hitting bottom 6-er? Can someone explain what has gone wrong in his development?

Reactions: egelband

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
images

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I thought he was trending towards a reliable, tough, hard-hitting bottom 6-er? Can someone explain what has gone wrong in his development?
In his heart he is an AHL 1st line skilled player trapped inside the body of an NHL 4th line grinder. He just can't seem to consistently play the sort of game he needs to in order to stay up, even though one out of every five games or so he does flash a bit of what he could be.

He turns 26 in June, and he is a pending RFA a year removed from UFA, certainly no multi-year extension coming. He is a dual Canadian-Russian citizen, and his mother is a former Soviet olympian. He may qualify for a KHL spot without being considered an "import" (despite being born and living his entire pre-professional career in Canada). Dunno if he has family there/speaks the language, but I could see that as an option for him next season.

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Is it just me, or does it feel like the Blackhawks waive this guy like once every month or two, just for kicks? And then he just keeps playing for them anyway.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Is it just me, or does it feel like the Blackhawks waive this guy like once every month or two, just for kicks? And then he just keeps playing for them anyway.
Waived on December 11 and cleared December 12, played 6 games in the AHL, was recalled on December 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille