Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Erik Gustafsson signs with the Blackhawks (1 year, $800k)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This guy is terrible, he's useless, he may help a bit on the PP, but that's about it. A 7thD at best.

The couple games I seen him he looked like a chicken with his head cut off in the d-zone. And this is playing for Barry Trotz

I guess Sebastian Aho makes the team for the 7th defenseman for the Islanders

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Few things in hockey are scarier than watching Gus trying to corral a live puck at the blueline under pressure.

There were many jokes to be made about him during his time with the Habs, but the biggest joke is still on us, as we actually gave this guy shifts in the Finals against Tampa.

How did this guy ever get 60 points in a season?

Patrick Kane / Toews/ DeBrincat

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I look at the signing as a positive for the team. Both Caleb and wyttnick are out for at least 6 to 8 weeks. Mitchell hasn't impressed, I think beaudin has actually shown more progression than Mitchell.

Gudtafsson has the experience and his offensive upside and his ok defensive skills bring more stability than Mitchell.

Solid cheap signing for depth.

Reactions: OTC

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I look at the signing as a positive for the team. Both Caleb and wyttnick are out for at least 6 to 8 weeks. Mitchell hasn't impressed, I think beaudin has actually shown more progression than Mitchell.

Gudtafsson has the experience and his offensive upside and his ok defensive skills bring more stability than Mitchell.

Solid cheap signing for depth.

Are you serious?

Gus is a trainwreck

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Is it because Ian Mitchell hasn't worked out like some had hoped?

Yeah I don't understand what people were bragging about with Mitchell, imo beaudin has progressed to the point were he should get the call up.

Gus brings experience and a offensive upside his defense is probably better than Mitchell.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Are you serious?

Gus is a trainwreck

I did say his defense was OK. When comparing him to what chicago has gus brings more stability imo than Mitchell who isn't nowhere near nhl ready . Beuadin I think is closer but another year in Rockford playing full time only benefits his future.

Gus used to be paired up with a aging keith or a aging and hurt seabrook .

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Bowman is a f***ing joke

Gus is pure trash and he brings him back

Mitchell blows but we still had better options within instead of bringing in a useless bum in Gus

Not sure why you guys are so negative. This signing will improve your already big chances to get the 1st overall.

However, he was decent during his tryout with the Isles.

Reactions: thefutures

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Not sure why you guys are so negative. This signing will improve your already big chances to get the 1st overall.
The Blackhawks were 1 game below .500 last year and got better, no way they are in the running for #1 pick baring some major luck in the lottery.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Few things in hockey are scarier than watching Gus trying to corral a live puck at the blueline under pressure.

There were many jokes to be made about him during his time with the Habs, but the biggest joke is still on us, as we actually gave this guy shifts in the Finals against Tampa.

Patrick Kane / Toews/ DeBrincat
Bullshit. Gus was a huge reason we even got to the finals. He was actually great up until the about halfway through he Vegas series.

People harp on dudes getting no time instead of harping on the shit players who never produced despite playing 900 minutes. Gus was a + player, only solely responsible for one goal against pre-finals, and kickstarted our PP which got us out of the first two rounds.

Reactions: Theodore450

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Gus was a great reasonable depth signing whom chicago is very familiar with. Both Caleb & Kalynuk are out at least 6 to 8 weeks . Mitchell hasn't shown he belongs or is ready to make the jump full-time,

So knowing that the backend is lacking dependable depth especially if a top 4 d-man goes down suddenly.

Remember while dehaan maybe solid defensively he has been injury prone.

Mitchell won't stay up once chicago gets Caleb and kalynuk back.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Wow Kalynuk. Caleb and regela,,, are all out on either injury reserve or ltir , looking at chicago depth and what was available Gus makes sense their going 7 defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad