Proposal: CHI/EDM

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
To Chicago : LW/C Ryan-Nugent Hopkins, C Cooper Marody
To Edmonton : RW/LW/C Alexander Nylander, LD Calvin de Haan, 2022 3rd round pick

cap : 6 925 000 | 5 413 333
Absolute garbage.
Theres nothing appealing about this offer at all from an Oilers point of view.
Nylander is still healing from off season surgery and would never make the Oilers top 6. de Haan is just another Kris Russell.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
To Edmonton : RW/LW/C Alexander Nylander, LD Calvin de Haan, 2022 3rd round pick

This trade is terribly lopsided in Chicago's favor. There is nothing coming back that is of interest to Edmonton to part with RNH. Perhaps your thoughts were he is a pure rental and Chicago is just going to have him until the end of the season? If so, the Oilers are also in a playoff hunt and vying for 1st place in their division. Putting aside the terrible value why would Edmonton hurt it's chances in the playoffs with a deal like this?

If you think Chicago would sign RNH this is even worse.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

The Oilers have no interest in significantly downgrading at forward, and we don't even need de Haan right now. This doesn't consider team need at all. Weird offer.

Reactions: voxel

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think the trade is being done from the perspective the Oiler are not going to resign Nuge

that being said--oilers do the trade and then still resign Nuge when they can?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
IF the oilers do trade Nuge, they will retian 50 % of his cap(if we trade him we are giving up on this year) to a team and getting a high pick and a good prospect from a team loading up

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
IF the oilers do trade Nuge, they will retian 50 % of his cap(if we trade him we are giving up on this year) to a team and getting a high pick and a good prospect from a team loading up

Doubtful as the Oilers are gearing up for their own playoff run. More likely they keep Nuge for that and sign him in the offseason. My money is on RNH getting signed before that though.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Yowsa. Strong "Eberle for Strome" vibes with this one. If Edmonton did that, I would imagine they would be selling off Nylander/deHaan for pennies on the dollar in a couple of seasons too, with nothing of value to show for RNH.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I think the trade is being done from the perspective the Oiler are not going to resign Nuge

that being said--oilers do the trade and then still resign Nuge when they can?
No, they make a run with him, try to re-sign him after the playoffs, and if that fails they trade his rights.
If they were just selling him at the TDL they would get more than Nylander, deHaan and a 3rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad