Confirmed Trade: [CHI/EDM] Brandon Manning and Robin Norell for Drake Caggiula and Jason Garrison

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Caggiula looked good. We expect him to be our 9th/10th best forward. IF he plays the way he does, very happy. Need guys like that in the bottom 6.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That's as damning a hockey stat as I've seen in a while. Wow. :laugh:

Had to look it up, too. Caggiula had 7 goals in 29.

Next up is Kassian....6 in 50
Then Lucic with 5 in 53. :help:

Question for Oil fans, how much time in the top six does Khaira get? I thought I heard a while back he was riding shotgun with Connor for a bit, but the stats don't seem to reflect this.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Not to necrobump, but this is a stat and a half:

I legitimately still can't believe we got anything remotely of value for Manning. Fully expected that we would've had to pay a team a middle prospect of mid-round pick to take him off our hands.

We cant believe it either. He sucks, is overpaid, and McDavid didnt like him. Yet Chia and co. still felt the need to acquire him. Mind blowing.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Robin norell is a very legit chance to never play an NHL game

I would consider him a throw away. Rockford and Chicago haven't been booming on defense the last few years and he couldn't sniff NHL action for a cup of coffee

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Robin norell is a very legit chance to never play an NHL game

I would consider him a throw away. Rockford and Chicago haven't been booming on defense the last few years and he couldn't sniff NHL action for a cup of coffee

The Condors (Oilers farm team) have won 10 straight games and routinely outplay and outshoot their opponents and have no real problems in D with Jones/Bear/Day/Lagesson there and more arriving next season. Norell may not get much playing time.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Manning (and Petrovic) will probably be placed on waivers to clear space for Sekera... lol...

So Caggiula, a decent youngish winger who can fill gaps in the lineup, and a 3rd rounder for 2 guys who will probably clear waivers. Oilers got Chiarelli'd.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Oilers drafted Erik Gustafsson and I just noticed he has 34pts. WTF. Is he that great offensively?

Yes. He has always flashed the offensive talent over the previous 3 years with the hawks, but he has become elite this year. It helps with the power play clicking like it is. But he has a lot to do with it. Great shot, passer and moves himself into great spots.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I legitimately still can't believe we got anything remotely of value for Manning. Fully expected that we would've had to pay a team a middle prospect of mid-round pick to take him off our hands.
I am not saying that this is the most damaging move Chia made but it may be the one that made the least sense all things considered and that is saying something. I honestly do not know a single fan or media guy who had any real explanation for this one.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
That's as damning a hockey stat as I've seen in a while. Wow. :laugh:

Had to look it up, too. Caggiula had 7 goals in 29.

Next up is Kassian....6 in 50
Then Lucic with 5 in 53. :help:

Question for Oil fans, how much time in the top six does Khaira get? I thought I heard a while back he was riding shotgun with Connor for a bit, but the stats don't seem to reflect this.

I can’t recall him really playing at all with Connor. He gets time with Nuge somewhat regularly, but generally Khaira’s bounced between the 2nd and 4th lines. He’s a bottom 6er, but he cycles the puck fairly well, and uses his size, so he’s easy to move up the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad