Confirmed with Link: [CHI/DAL] Patrick Sharp, Stephen Johns traded to Stars for Trevor Daley, Ryan Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Listen, I'm not crucifying Stan. If you know me (and I'm sure you do) I constantly defend him. He ****ed this one up though. I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt the Hawks.

Pretty much where I'm at. I'm going to wait and see how the roster shakes out heading into camp but as it stands but I'm much less confident in this roster than I've been for a few years.

This team is going to rely heavily on some very young, very talented players to step up.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't think anyone is supporting this trade, its just how many times can people post the same "it sucks" over and over and over again? We get it everyone, and everyone agrees. Posting it sucks for the 1001st time isn't going to change the trade or make it better, its just fueling more and more rage. At some point you either look at what has happened and accept its over and move on or stop supporting the team in protest of Stan Bowman. Is this thread going to stay open and active with this rage for 5 years?

I reckon many people are hoping that Stan has a "master plan" and the moves so far are only the beginning and he will pull a rabbit out of his hat before October.

Otherwise ...... his future with the Hawk org should be questioned (and for as long as it takes).

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Listen, I'm not crucifying Stan. If you know me (and I'm sure you do) I constantly defend him. He ****ed this one up though. I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt the Hawks.

What trade would you have made? Was there another trade on the table? If Stan and his staff rate Pokka and TvR higher than Johns do you think you shouldn't give that a chance to bear itself out? I just don't understand how you can be so sure this a **** up.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I said it earlier this summer... This is a make or break summer for Stan, IMO. He's either going to come out looking like a genius, or he'll end up without a job.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Pretty much where I'm at. I'm going to wait and see how the roster shakes out heading into camp but as it stands but I'm much less confident in this roster than I've been for a few years.

This team is going to rely heavily on some very young, very talented players to step up.

Haven't people been begging for that for years? Any time Handzus or Rosival or Brookbank or even Richards in the 2nd half of last season were brought up that's what everyone was clamoring for, saying fire Q for not playing the kids. Now everyone has what they wanted.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
What trade would you have made? Was there another trade on the table? If Stan and his staff rate Pokka and TvR higher than Johns do you think you shouldn't give that a chance to bear itself out? I just don't understand how you can be so sure this a **** up.

Why do you even think they think higher of Pokka/TvR, because they weren't moved? Johns was coveted by DAL. Clearly, TvR/Pokka weren't.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
However, I'm just not going to bury Stan Bowman because I have ZERO information about the market for Sharp.

Stan said in interview after the trade the phone was constantly ringing for Sharp. I guess other teams wanted TT thrown in to sweeten the pot and Dallas did us a favor by only asking for Johns?

I am coming to believe Stan actually was asking for a 1st, top 6, and prospect and snoozed at the wheel as the market evaporated in front of him.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Probably. But with these 3 cup wins, that might take 3-4 years of sucking in a row. Which won't happen anytime soon.

No it won't. If the Hawks miss the playoffs next year, Q will have half a season to right the ship or he'll be gone. Keith's not getting younger and Toews and Kane are right in the middle of their primes. They won't wait 3-4 years to make a change.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I said it earlier this summer... This is a make or break summer for Stan, IMO. He's either going to come out looking like a genius, or he'll end up without a job.

It will take many years before he would get fired after the 3 cups no matter how this works out. Rocky is going to dump him? They will blame the cap. Its not like the stands won't be full or they will all of a sudden lose support. Just like Q, Stan will be here a while.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Why do you even think they think higher of Pokka/TvR, because they weren't moved? Johns was coveted by DAL. Clearly, TvR/Pokka weren't.

How do you know Stan didn't turn down Pokka and that's what Dallas was asking for? My whole point is no one knows what trades were on the table, what prospects the staff thinks are best, or how this season will play out. And it annoys me that people are acting like they do know.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago

Who said they rated TVR and Pokka higher than Johns? More likely Dallas in the driver seat and demanding Johns.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
How do you know Stan didn't turn down Pokka and that's what Dallas was asking for? My whole point is no one knows what trades were on the table, what prospects the staff thinks are best, or how this season will play out. And it annoys me that people are acting like they do know.

If he did, he's an idiot. There's little doubt that Johns was the best, most-ready Dman in the system and it's not close - that's coming from a Pokka fan.

Stan for whatever reason, felt pressed to make a deal and gave DAL exactly what they wanted.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I personally am a little excited to see this squad step on ice and see what they really have, not just what posters on hf boards think

Which is always the case. No matter what goes down in the summer. It certainly doesn't mean the team will be better, just interesting after all the changes.... same thing applies to every NHL fanbase.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
No it won't. If the Hawks miss the playoffs next year, Q will have half a season to right the ship or he'll be gone. Keith's not getting younger and Toews and Kane are right in the middle of their primes. They won't wait 3-4 years to make a change.

I'd be surprised if they pulled the trigger that fast.

On another note. With the roster coming in to shape I have two thoughts. This team definitely could repeat and win their 4th cup in 7 years. IMO they'll be the favorites regardless. They also could miss the playoffs with how loaded the Central is.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
My whole point is no one knows what trades were on the table, what prospects the staff thinks are best, or how this season will play out. And it annoys me that people are acting like they do know.

People in here know. Go back and read 20 pages of posts, they obviously know..........

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
If he did, he's an idiot. There's little doubt that Johns was the best, most-ready Dman in the system and it's not close - that's coming from a Pokka fan.

Stan for whatever reason, felt pressed to make a deal and gave DAL exactly what they wanted.

Then why did TvR beat him out for an NHL spot?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

It is baffling. Did the injury-plaqued season Johns had influence Hawk management? I need to know what the thought process is.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland

I'm sure Dallas caved with that 50% retained on Garbutt. Stanley drives a hard bargain.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I'd be surprised if they pulled the trigger that fast.

On another note. With the roster coming in to shape I have two thoughts. This team definitely could repeat and win their 4th cup in 7 years. IMO they'll be the favorites regardless. They also could miss the playoffs with how loaded the Central is.

I don't think we know whether the team will be worse or better next year, there's just much a less a degree of certainty when all of a sudden there's a bunch of players most have only seen play around 25 games or less. I'm excited, I think there's a ton of offensive talent on the team.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

The young, talented players aren't there on defense. We're down to Pokka. We have 3 nhl defenseman. Daley stinks defensively. Maybe we'll sign a rozy to be a 6-7, but this team will get lit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad