Claimed off Waivers: [CHI] Blackhawks claim D Jarred Tinordi off waivers from the Rangers

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
he has been loaned a couple of times as well I think

Pro teams he played for:
Montreal Canadiens (NHL)
Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL)
St John's Icecaps (AHL)
Arizona Coyotes (NHL)
Tucson Roadrunners (AHL)
Wilkes-Barron/Scranton Penguins (AHL)
Milwaukee Admirals (AHL)
Nashville Predators (NHL)
Boston Bruins (NHL)
Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)
New York Rangers (NHL)

Reactions: uncleben

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Really weird considering Tinordi isn't young, doesn't have potential, and has some amount of controversy and drama following him that he's never gotten over in a time that I feel like Chicago really doesn't need more of.

But hey, whatever

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
this makes Tinordi 7th or 8th nhl team in 10 years---depending on how you look at it

• 2010-Jun-25 Draft pick rights traded from Phoenix Coyotes with round 4 pick in the 2010 draft (Mark MacMillan) to Montreal Canadiens for round 1 pick in the 2010 draft (Mark Visentin) and round 2 pick in the 2010 draft (Oscar Lindberg)
  • 2016-Jan-15 Traded from Montreal Canadiens with Stefan Fournier to Arizona Coyotes for John Scott and Victor Bartley
  • 2017-Jul-01 Signed by Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 2018-Jul-01 Signed by Nashville Predators
  • 2021-Feb-27 Claimed off waivers by Boston Bruins from Nashville Predators
  • 2021-Jul-28 Signed by New York Rangers
  • 2022-Oct-10 Claimed off waivers by Chicago Blackhawks from New York Rangers
I was at the draft in 2010.

Mark Tinordi was in the stands waiting for his kid to get drafted and sitting next to him was his friend, Paul Coffey.

I went over and chatted with him for a bit, Mr Coffey is a super nice guy and 12 years later I still feel bad about what I said.

I was gushing about what a great player he was and how I loved watching him on the Red Wings and how devastated I was when he was traded (Paul was beaming) - then came the Freudian slip - "...but then we won all those Cups and it took some of the sting out of it". (Paul was now the opposite of beaming).

So yea, its fair to say that its Jared Tinordi's fault that I feel like shit every time someone mentions Paul Coffey.

• Haha
Reactions: Stealth JD

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
He's gone full Sillinger

Nah, sillinger was a worthwile utility player who often got picked up by a playoff team come TDL not waiver fodder.

I know you mean changing teams a lot but Id say Tinordi is more of a Mike McKenna in that case ;)

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Dude's a pylon who will stick up for his teammates.

His play is not NHL level, but I can understand why CHI claimed him. They're not going to be good anyway, so might as well have a guy around who can bloody his knuckles so others don't have to.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Really weird considering Tinordi isn't young, doesn't have potential, and has some amount of controversy and drama following him that he's never gotten over in a time that I feel like Chicago really doesn't need more of.

But hey, whatever
What's the controversy/drama with him?
I didn't mind his limited time with the B's. Stuck up for teammates. Dece 3rd pairing guy. Seemed he was always ready to turn a corner(ish) & would get injured and no one on the B's would drop the gloves for him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
About to be the year of our lord 2023 and bonafide goons are still getting work.

Good luck, Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad