News Article: Chevy not pressured!

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Puckschmuck*

I find this thread quite hilarious, considering it was started by someone who lives in Oil Country ;)

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I dunno...
I like Chevy.
I like Scheifele
I like Trouba.
I like the Kane signing.
I like the Little signing.
I could go on, but I don't want to make a really long post.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
I dunno...
I like Chevy.
I like Scheifele
I like Trouba.
I like the Kane signing.

I like everything but the first,

but hey, what about Clitsome? Enstrom? Wheeler? Jokinen? Wellwood? Pavs? My list could get longer too. How about a real fan fav like getting Halischuk or Wright. There are some in the winners category, lol.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I like everything but the first,

but hey, what about Clitsome? Enstrom? Wheeler? Jokinen? Wellwood? Pavs? My list could get longer too. How about a real fan fav like getting Halischuk or Wright. There are some in the winners category, lol.

I like the Enstrom deal.
Imagine this team without hmm.../shiver
I like the Jokinen deal. He had a ****** year. That sucked. But when it was signed I thought it was a good deal. No one can tell the future. And this year I think Olli has been excellent.
Clitsome's deal is meh to me. Don't love it don't hate it. Nothing worth getting worked up over.
Wheeler? Too early to tell. At this point I don't think its egregious.
What about Wellwood?
Wright for free? I dunno seems like a good waiver pick up, and I hate wright.
Whats wrong with Halischuk?
You just mentioned a bunch of names, you're not really backing up why he should be fired.

Pavs was a bad deal.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
This is what happens when you have 5 year ticket holder commitments, no pressure.We will either be cursing or loving him in a few years until then....grin and bear it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I dunno...
I like Chevy.
I like Scheifele
I like Trouba.
I like the Kane signing.

I also like the Morrissey Pick.
I also like the Petan pick.
I also like the Comrie pick.
I also like the Bogo signing.

I would agree it might be time to make a move. Personally I'd deal Buff for a couple young guys with high end potential. All of the above and hopefully a few more top picks will be the core of this team when we start contending.

This will take some time.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have a feeling that some don't understand the timeline of a General Manager.

Not saying he couldn't do a few things to improve the team short term, but the long-term team and org. building things Chevy is doing is right on the money.

This offseason for me will say a lot about what kind of GM Chevy is. You can do the latter well but you have to do the former as well to be a truly good General Manager.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I like the Enstrom deal.
Imagine this team without hmm.../shiver

Pavs was a bad deal.

Money isn't terrible for Enstrom, but not too enthusiastic about handing out full NMC to anyone who isn't a superstar, there's basically no one on our team today who deserves one IMO. I guess that's an enticement to get a signature on a contract though. Basically guarantees the guy's value to us is only as a member of our team asset-wise.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I don't think Jets should charge at any deal and no deal may end up being the best deal... However,
I find the exclusivity of people placing blame on soley the players, coach or GM, and then letting the other two off... Very interesting

White Out 403*

Because cup winning teams happen over night

what a god damn straw man. no one is taking that position, stop attacking a position no one has taken.

how about playoffs? this will be 3 years in a row with no playoffs, and frankly there's a fat chance of us doing in in year 4. im fine with us not winning the cup right away but how about some excitement and something to cheer for besides utter mediocrity?

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I don't think Jets should charge at any deal and no deal may end up being the best deal... However,
I find the exclusivity of people placing blame on soley the players, coach or GM, and then letting the other two off... Very interesting
Yeah, Chevy taking so many of these shots against is not fair...also giving him a very negative Corsi;)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is why Chevy has to go too! What an idiot. Yeah, .500 hockey seems fine. The NHL is a professional league, not semi-pro. No panic? Really. Not even a little?

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/12/17/jets-gm-cheveldayoff-wont-be-pressured-into-making-changes

Your Winnipeg Jets
Fuelled by Patience (practiced with stupidity)

Why on earth would he ever admit to a reporter he feels pressure to make a change? If he had actually said that to a reporter, I think that would be grounds to fire him. I'm glad he takes that tone with the media. What he says to the media has no bearing on whether or not changes are coming.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Why on earth would he ever admit to a reporter he feels pressure to make a change? If he had actually said that to a reporter, I think that would be grounds to fire him. I'm glad he takes that tone with the media. What he says to the media has no bearing on whether or not changes are coming.

People should be happy about this not crucify Chevy for it. He has a long term approach and I am good with that. The ultimate goal is to win a cup. Short term is to be competitive and make the playoffs.

Next year we will hopefully see Morrissey take the #4 LHD spot, At worst he goes back to Junior. I think at the very least he gets a 9 game look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad