Prospect Info: Chevy had a busy 2013 - 14 prospects added plus 6 RFAs

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
January:

- Claim prospect RW Anthony Peluso from St. Louis
- Claim RFA C James Wright from Florida

February

- Trade for RFA LW Eric Tangradi (7th that turned into a 6th)

April:

- Sign college free agent G Juho Olkinoura
- Sign 2012 1st rounder RHD Jacob Trouba
- Sign 2011 3rd rounder C Adam Lowry

June:

- Trade 3rd and 5th round picks for RFA RW/LW Michael Frolik
- Sign 2011 5th rounder RW Austen Brassard

July:

- Draft 10 prospects: Morrissey, Petan, Comrie, Lodge, Lipon, Copp, Kostalek, Poolman, Kichton, Karlstrom

- Sign released prospect G Michael Hutchinson
- Sign released RFA RW Matt Halischuk
- Sign released RFA RW Jerome Samson

August:

- Sign 2013 7th rounder RHD Brenden Kichton
- Sign 2013 3rd rounder RW JC Lipon

Oct:

- Sign undrafted RW Axel Blomqvist
- Sign 2013 1st rounder LHD Joshua Morrissey

Nov:

- Claim RFA Keaton Ellerby from the Kings

Dec:

- Sign 2012 4th rounder RW Scott Kosmachuk
- Sign 2013 2nd rounder G Eric Comrie
- Sign 2013 2nd rounder C Nic Petan
- Sign 2012 6th rounder C Ryan Olsen

By my count:

- 14 prospects added
- 6 RFAs added
- Signed 3 prospects from outside the organization
- Claimed 1 prospect from outside the organization
- Signed 2 2011 draft prospects
- Signed 3 2012 draft prospects
- Signed 5(!!!) 2013 draft prospects

Last edited:

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Most of these moves are about the future and thats what I like about Chevy. Most of these moves won't show up for 2+ years. We need another year or 2 just like this to get more in the cupboard.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Most of these moves are about the future and thats what I like about Chevy. Most of these moves won't show up for 2+ years. We need another year or 2 just like this to get more in the cupboard.

I agree except it may take four to five years for the 2013 draft class to be NHL ready.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
There's 4 of them that were available in previous drafts. The 2013 draft will materialize quicker than you think. Maybe not the 3 high end pieces though (Morrissey, Petan, Comrie).

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
There's 4 of them that were available in previous drafts. The 2013 draft will materialize quicker than you think. Maybe not the 3 high end pieces though (Morrissey, Petan, Comrie).

Lipon and Kichton in particular appear to be players selected to try to even out when prospects may move up a level, based on their age and experience.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Lipon and Kichton in particular appear to be players selected to try to even out when prospects may move up a level, based on their age and experience.

mhmm, which is why i really liked them picking them up. it essentially like backfilling. it acts like having 2 extra picks in schiefele's draft, and provides good players for our AHL team that have legitimate NHL upside (as opposed to just signing AHL players)

I was really happy with the breadth of players taken in the 2013 draft.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Poolman and Copp are the other two overage players for those who don't know.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Poolman and Copp are the other two overage players for those who don't know.

But they are discussing early arrival of 2013 draftees. As NCAAs neither are likely to graduate to pro before Comrie, Petan, Morrisey, and Kostalek.

Poolman has taken two years of USHL so he's going to be old if he takes all 4 of NCAA. He be old!

Last edited:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Where's the trade for Setoguchi?

This was originally a RFA/prospect thread I made for the prospect board so I just copied it over. It's not like Gooch is a long term piece or anything.

He also claimed Santorelli late last year, but that's such a moot point.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This was originally a RFA/prospect thread I made for the prospect board so I just copied it over. It's not like Gooch is a long term piece or anything.

He also claimed Santorelli late last year, but that's such a moot point.

It's all part of his busy year - you should probably include "players released" as well, as there was some turnover aside from Santorelli (Wellwood, Antropov, Hainsey, Burmi, whoever didn't re-sign in the minors, Yuen)...

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
It's all part of his busy year - you should probably include "players released" as well, as there was some turnover aside from Santorelli (Wellwood, Antropov, Hainsey, Burmi, whoever didn't re-sign in the minors, Yuen)...

You also missed the Brassard signing and the Gordon signing. The title reads Chevy had a Busy year and one of his main focus was signing Jet RFA ......the big 3 Wheeler,Little and Bogo as well as prospects at the time of signing Postma Redmond Odell and Cormier, Peluso plus Tangradi

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

You also missed the Brassard signing and the Gordon signing. The title reads Chevy had a Busy year and one of his main focus was signing Jet RFA ......the big 3 Wheeler,Little and Bogo as well as prospects at the time of signing Postma Redmond Odell and Cormier, Peluso plus Tangradi

Again I'm more focused on the tremendous amount of youth and RFAs we signed. It's quite a lot. You'll notice "prospect info" as the prefix. For a more complete picture take a look at Holdens thread Jets organizational chart. I did add Brassard, thanks for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: