Injury Report: Chekovich

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Yesterday posted to IG story with stitches in lip.

Today, he posted to his story from what appears to be a dental office (tagged as San Jose).

Guessing he's out for the rest of the rookie tourney.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019

This is from yesterday, so I don't know if it is out of date, but Sommer expects him to play Tuesday.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Wasn't there another young Shark that has a cut on their lip in the same exact way? I feel like it was Timo and Labanc but I cant find proof.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Chek is probably the early favorite for a spot if the org agrees with what we're seeing. With him sidelined this gives the others a chance to close the gap or show something. Hopefully a few others impress because depending on when DW acquires a top 6 fwd, there could be a couple spots up for grabs.

Reactions: themelkman

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I just get a feeling that Chekhovich is ready to go at the NHL level right now. Chmelevski should get a chance for the 1st 9 games, because I don't think he will need that much time to get used to the NHL level. Just seems to be a slow starter.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Injury looks a bit nasty. Still it's not something that will sideline him to long. All the best to him.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think anytime a player gets a puck to a face, its not going to look pretty .. :)

The biggest concerns are the eyes and/or bad concussions. If not, he should recover fairly quickly.

It was a puck? I thought it was a stick from the video. But then again the video of it looks like it was shot on a old nokia flip phone lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad