Proposal: Chaz Lucius for Justin Barron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Third consecutive year Chaz Lucius end his season with a significant injury and always a different one. But when healthy, he seems like he has tons of potential. I see a bit of Pacioretty in him and he would slot well in Montreal top 6 in the future.

He is a bit buried behind Barlow, Perfetti, Lambert, McRoargty, Chibrikov in Winnipeg though.

They need help on the backend and I think Justin Barron could be a good bottom pairing puck mover for them. His potential is not as good as Lucius but he proved he could hang on in the NHL. They also have some familiarities with him because of his brother Morgan.

Montreal need to move a dman.

Any thoughts on this?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I
Third consecutive year Chaz Lucius end his season with a significant injury and always a different one. But when healthy, he seems like he has tons of potential. I see a bit of Pacioretty in him and he would slot well in Montreal top 6 in the future.

He is a bit buried behind Barlow, Perfetti, Lambert, McRoargty, Chibrikov in Winnipeg though.

They need help on the backend and I think Justin Barron could be a good bottom pairing puck mover for them. His potential is not as good as Lucius but he proved he could hang on in the NHL. They also have some familiarities with him because of his brother Morgan.

Any thoughts on this?
I don't know Lucius well enough to decide.

I would offer Jets Struble, their first back for Perfetti though? Jets too small on back end. Doubt Dillon be back. Struble young physical mobile D.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

Any thoughts on this?
Why would the Jets sell low on a 21 year old first round draft pick because he got hurt?

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Montreal is in a position to make a hockey trade (or two) for one of their young D, but IMO it needs to address the log jam on the left side, which trading Barron doesn’t do.

I think Struble or Harris are further along in development right now than Barron, but Barron might be more sexy being a former 1st round pick.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
D from Montreal for F from Winnipeg makes sense, but figuring out exactly who for who is going to be harder.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Maybe a better question would be which of those Winnipeg forwards has a link to Hughes.... was he the agent for any of them ? If so, it might give a clue about who Montreal will be asking about, and from there we can figure out which Montreal defenseman would have similar value.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Maybe a better question would be which of those Winnipeg forwards has a link to Hughes.... was he the agent for any of them ? If so, it might give a clue about who Montreal will be asking about, and from there we can figure out which Montreal defenseman would have similar value.
Is t Hutson your 4th best d prospect behind mailloux, reinbacher, and Ghule and if our best prospect isn’t good enough for your 4th best D prospect I can’t really see there being a match.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Is t Hutson your 4th best d prospect behind mailloux, reinbacher, and Ghule and if our best prospect isn’t good enough for your 4th best D prospect I can’t really see there being a match.
Guhle is part of the top 4 on the NHL team. So, not a prospect.

Let's not get bogged down comparing players' abstract value or placement on a list. But I think it's fair to think Barron, Struble and Harris would be available. I suspect Harris is the most likely to get moved, since he's progressed enough for GMs to be comfortable that he's an NHLer, though he'll never be a big point producer. Which of those Winnipeg forwards would have similar value ?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Guhle is part of the top 4 on the NHL team. So, not a prospect.

Let's not get bogged down comparing players' abstract value or placement on a list. But I think it's fair to think Barron, Struble and Harris would be available. I suspect Harris is the most likely to get moved, since he's progressed enough for GMs to be comfortable that he's an NHLer, though he'll never be a big point producer. Which of those Winnipeg forwards would have similar value ?
I imagine that jets would be willing to trade Iafallo who was on our pp, our pk,as well time in our top 6 because he was so good at puck retrieval even though he will never be a big point producer.

• Haha
Reactions: HabsAddict
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany