NCAA: Charlie Strong out at Texas

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeah, you don't coach a program like Texas and get away with losing to Kansas w/ your job on the line.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
They have been pushing to get rid of Strong since last year. So I would assume a good portion.

I would expect Strong to revive himself at a mid-to-low tier program. The stage was just too big for him and you simply can't lose to Kansas.

Sep 19, 2008
http://www.hookem.com/2016/11/21/source-texas-players-threaten-boycott-tcu-game/

Several Texas players said that talk of a possible boycott was real, but that there’s no way they would have followed through with it.

“Yeah, it was real, but we’re not going to boycott,” Texas senior receiver Jacorey Warrick said Monday. “We’re going to play. That was just people angry about expressing their thoughts. Coach Strong was not going to let us boycott that game.”

Quarterback Shane Buechele echoed those thoughts about a boycott.

“It’s not going to happen,” the freshman said.

Offensive tackle Connor Williams explained that it was just a volatile situation involving Strong.

“Everybody’s emotional about it,” Williams said. “As a point, we’re not just playing for Coach Strong. We’re playing for the university as a whole and Longhorn Nation.”

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
rich rod at michigan was not so much him not being able to coach so much as it was he has a drawl and drank domestic beer

let us not forget that michigan's most relevant season in the past 20 years was hoke using rich rod's team

you mean ten years

And I put harbaughs first over hokes first by a littlebit

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
rich rod at michigan was not so much him not being able to coach so much as it was he has a drawl and drank domestic beer

let us not forget that michigan's most relevant season in the past 20 years was hoke using rich rod's team

Texas big money boosters were split on Charlie. They thought they had Saban in the bag until Mack pitched a fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad