Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy IV

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
the most frustrating part of his game is his lack of desire to shoot the puck. shoot. the. puck.
it's always an extra move or an extra pass. they should force him to shoot 10,000 pucks a day
in the summer.
They've had so many shots blocked in the last few weeks, I wonder what the defense is being told about when and where to shoot it.

A few of these too many men calls have been on the d too, seems real disorganized back there.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Bad teams go after players like this. Stupid fans want to trade him. This is some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen on this forum and that’s saying something.

Yeah some of this is getting rather silly. It's not that surprising, really, but it's well wide of the mark all the same. There are valid comments and criticisms to be made, I still say that, but there's a long way from those to the burn it down stuff.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Bad teams go after players like this. Stupid fans want to trade him. This is some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen on this forum and that’s saying something.
I'm not suggesting moving him because I don't like him and that he isn't a top D, I'm looking at the last three years of playoffs and the HUGE hole in the top line C for the foreseeable future and wondering if you could get a Brady Tkachuk type of C for him and if that's the only way the Bruins are going to be able to get a legitimate C.

I'd love to see him here for the next decade but how can you not question his playoffs recently as he has 23 GP in the last three years, 0 goals and 14 assists. This year 0 points in last five games is concerning and the pace seems to be troubling him the last three playoff years. Scary comments to make for a guy who has 7 more years at 9.5 and his NTC kicks in July 1st.

Sweeney can fix this by simply finding a top line C but the last couple years he hasn't been able to so perhaps the only way teams will listen to Sweeney's calls is if he stops offering crap for 1st line C talent.

He’s gotta have a head injury or something. He’s not always been a playoff game breaker but he usually is at least steady.

The problem is that 9.5 million can't be paid for steady. People need to watch guys like Hughes and company that are being paid that and compare and have high expectations.

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

The problem is that 9.5 million can't be paid for steady. People need to watch guys like Hughes and company that are being paid that and compare and have high expectations.
I definitely agree he is a tier or two below those guys currently but unless a homerun prospects + picks or a 1 for 1 hockey trade happens idk what they can do with him but keep hoping he progresses and figures out some of his mental game. He has shown times of being dominant but that feels like a distant memory currently.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I definitely agree he is a tier or two below those guys currently but unless a homerun prospects + picks or a 1 for 1 hockey trade happens idk what they can do with him but keep hoping he progresses and figures out some of his mental game. He has shown times of being dominant but that feels like a distant memory currently.

Yeah, dominant hasn't been the description of his play for years now. Pre-Covid at best. He needs to find the next level like you said for that price tag.

And when you say homerun that's where I am at as well; if you can't get a top line C from another team 1 for 1 for McAvoy, you absolutely don't move him.

But this franchise rode Bergeron right into the ground relying on him. If this was the plan for this year (cap constraints and going all in last year) then there is no excuse for finding help at the top line C next year.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think the line and D shuffling is hurting this team as well. I have no clue what I would tell someone if asked about a first line or a first D pairing. Every game it changes. I think he’s trying to do too much an he gassed. Dude looks tired. I would’ve taken him off the PP and just tell him what to focus on the rest of the playoffs. Injuries to other defensemen didn’t help. I think all are thinking too much back there t be honest. I don’t like their defensive structure at all. They get scattered. Idk.

Reactions: LSCII and Yeti34

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Mac has had to take on even more responsibility with guys like Peeke out throughout these playoffs. I would also dare to say he’s had to cover for the defensive short comings of other players that have been in the lineup. I think it’s added up tbh.

Now with all that said, he still needs to step it up.

As BMC said above, K.I.S.S.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad