Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Great to see him finally put up some goals. He'd been playing well but he needs to produce to prove he can cut it in the NHL. I'm still not sure what role he will ultimately be able to fill on a winning team, but time will tell.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Think he's at the very least a great 3rd liner to have on any team. He will only get more comfortable with time, his shot wasn't looking that great at the start of the season but I'm pretty sure it was caused by the pressure of scoring his first one and he has to adjust to the league like every rookie. Pretty confident he ends up a solid top 6 guy that plays on the PP for us.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
So Pacioretty, who has averaged nearly 65 pts/season the past 4 years in the NHL, you know the best hockey league by far in the world, has "no hockey sense at all". Well ok, then. I agree he can be frustrating as hell to watch but it's because he's soft and generally plays on the perimeter. You don't score 60+ pts per season having no hockey sense.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hudon's first 2 NHL goals -- a tale of top corners.

1yktod.gif

1ykss0.gif

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't really see Cammalleri in him. Cammy was a slippery player whereas hudon is more "head on" with his game.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What do you mean?

Meaning hudon finishes checks and plays the body to dig loose pucks.... Just generally more physical all around.

Cammalleri could dig pucks out too, but he used some nifty hands to do it.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Meaning hudon finishes checks and plays the body to dig loose pucks.... Just generally more physical all around.

Cammalleri could dig pucks out too, but he used some nifty hands to do it.
That's true, I think Hudon is a better forechecker overall, but the skating, shiftiness, shooting motion is very similar. Also Hudon has a pretty good one timer we haven't seen much of yet. Cammalleri had a quicker release an was able to score from further, and I think Hudon will have to use his hands around the net more.

I see 25G 50pts type of production.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Glad to see his skating evolve. The kid has amazing skills and hockey smarts.

One of those players who was developed properly

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'd like to see if he can rekindle the chemistry he had with Drouin at the World Juniors. And I'd like to see Chucky on the other wing.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm praying the game for Charles Hudon vs the Ottawa Senators is going to serve as the springboard for a strong rookie year for him.

Might be the only way we see a decrease in "I miss Radulov" posts that are infecting this board.

Jul 6, 2016
Don't put too much pressure on Hudon. If he can play the whole season on a third line and get 15 goals/30 points, I will be very satisfied. He,s got a good hockey sense and could eventually play 2nd line in the coming seasons.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm praying the game for Charles Hudon vs the Ottawa Senators is going to serve as the springboard for a strong rookie year for him.

Might be the only way we see a decrease in "I miss Radulov" posts that are infecting this board.

The real question will be, can Hudon be a ''legit 1st line winger.'' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad