Waived: Charles Hudon & Charlie Lindgren Clear Waivers (Assigned to Laval)

Will either player be claimed?

• Total voters

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I could see a team that is challenged for goaltending depth being interested in Lindgren, but at $1.4 still owing he is pricey for teams to bury in the AHL.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I could see a team that is challenged for goaltending depth being interested in Lindgren, but at $1.4 still owing he is pricey for teams to bury in the AHL.
Not really, its 750k/yr and doesn't count against the cap. For what players make nowadays, 750k is dirt cheap.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Not really, its 750k/yr and doesn't count against the cap. For what players make nowadays, 750k is dirt cheap.

Of course it doesn't count against the cap - but I'm sure there are more than a few cheap teams that don't like to bury that money in the A.

Are you suggesting that $700K a year is dirt cheap for minor leaguers?

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Of course it doesn't count against the cap - but I'm sure there are more than a few cheap teams that don't like to bury that money in the A.

Are you suggesting that $700K a year is dirt cheap for minor leaguers?
There are at least 1 or 2 players in the AHL making this money on every team. That kind of money may seem big for you and me but not for professional NHL teams.

There are many Lindgrens out there, why would another team take a chance?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
There are at least 1 or 2 players in the AHL making this money on every team. That kind of money may seem big for you and me but not for professional NHL teams.

There are many Lindgrens out there, why would another team take a chance?

I'm not applying it to my personal finances. What a condescending remark.

Your the one calling the NHL minimum dirt cheap for the AHL. Don't lecture me.

Of course Lindgren is not unique, but a team may still fancy him.

What makes Cousins so special that he was a free agent acquisition?

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I'm not applying it to my personal finances. What a condescending remark.

Your the one calling the NHL minimum dirt cheap for the AHL. Don't lecture me.

Of course Lindgren is not unique, but a team may still fancy him.

What makes Cousins so special that he was a free agent acquisition?
I don't know why Bozovin signed Cousins, that one defies logic. He let go Shaw and DLO, so our brilliant GM went straight to plan Z.

As for being condescending, that's mad jokes.

BargainBin always likes to give second chances to beggars every year. We call this the BargainBin special.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtPeur

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I don't know why Bozovin signed Cousins, that one defies logic. He let go Shaw and DLO, so our brilliant GM went straight to plan Z.

As for being condescending, that's mad jokes.

BargainBin always likes to give second chances to beggars every year. We call this the BargainBin special.

Every team in the league brings in retreads, every year. Either via trade, UFA or waivers. Other fan bases don’t lose their mind over it, and we have actually done pretty well on some of these pickups. Kulak and Byron.

And Shaw and DLO weren’t let go, they were traded for a bunch of picks to make room for young guys. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th is a pretty good return.

This is how teams are built in the cap era. If you only follow Montreal it may seem strange but every team is looking to fill put their lineup with a few bargain players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorius

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just last year he traded 2 guys in taormina and valiev that cleared waivers to acquire a guy in kulak that just cleared waivers

Okay. You didn't mean claiming off waivers. You meant making moves for players that cleared waivers. I got you. And you're not wrong. MB does have a habit of moving players that cleared waivers for players that clear waivers elsewhere.

Like you said, Taormina/Valiev for Kulak.
He also did Redmond for Deslauriers two years ago.
He also did Bitten/Olofsson last year.

I'm sure such a move will be made this year, as well.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I'm happy to see these players in Laval, if anything they have the oportunity to go ham at the AHL level and get a callup back in the NHL, also that means Laval is going to have a good team.

Still, disapointing to see that a talented player like Hudon can't score goals at the NHL level because of God knows what reason, he was having those chances but couldn't finish any.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Every team in the league brings in retreads, every year. Either via trade, UFA or waivers. Other fan bases don’t lose their mind over it, and we have actually done pretty well on some of these pickups. Kulak and Byron.

And Shaw and DLO weren’t let go, they were traded for a bunch of picks to make room for young guys. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th is a pretty good return.

This is how teams are built in the cap era. If you only follow Montreal it may seem strange but every team is looking to fill put their lineup with a few bargain players.
This is not news to me. I actually think that Shaw was pretty banged up and the return was great. Also, that 4th for Dlo was a pleasant surprise. But then MB goes and screws it up again by offering a contract to Cousins.

How can Cousins compete with youngsters like Suzuki, Evans and Poehling knocking at your door while you decide to keep Peca, Weal, Weise, Thompson and Hudon. If he was signed for hitting opponents, they should of just kept Shaw. They have 6 million dollars in cap space right now, Shaw's cap hit was easily manageable.

Kulak was traded because of contractual issues. Byron was a redundant player in Calgary. Calgary did manage to pick up two AHL players with Rychel and Valiev, so it's not like the Flames came out of this empty handed.

the cutter

Mar 23, 2015
I feel like McNiven has perhaps surpassed Lindgren at this point. I am hoping another team nabs Charlie, leaving Primeau and McNiven to split time in Laval.

Hudon would certainly add to Lavals talent though.
Mcniven has been sent to the echl Adirondack. At least he will have a chance to play.

Reactions: Eegs

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I'm absolutely amazed that 47 people here thought that Charles Hudon was going to get claimed on waivers.

What does he have to do to make it clear he's not an NHL calibre player?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Just last year he traded 2 guys in taormina and valiev that cleared waivers to acquire a guy in kulak that just cleared waivers

You do understand that there is a 50 contract limit right? I am not sure why people continually bring this up even though it has been explained many times on this board.

Instead of claiming Kulak and losing a contract designation, MB traded for Kulak and gained a contract designation. The move also balanced out salaries as an added bonus. Clearly it was an outstanding move and much more astute than the anti MB club is able to recognize.

Reactions: donghabs98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad