NFL: Chargers not bringing back Antonio Gates, wants to continue playing

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
He's a shell of himself and will just take meaningful snaps from other, better players. Or go to New England and score 10 TDs. No in between

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
He's pretty much done. Can't create any separation. Can't block. Hands are still there but all he was doing at this point was taking snaps away from Henry.

Still a legend and I wish him the best.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He's not "pretty much done", he is completely done. Can barely move anymore and will be a liability on any team that signs him. I doubt he finds a spot - a backup TE that can't block or play special will have trouble finding a team.

What a career though.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017

Welcome back to the Chargers.

He may be brought back now that Hunter is out but even if he is I think the team will roll with Virgil Green and Sean Culkin (UDFA out of Mizzou last season) to try and fill the roll. Green will be used primarily as a blocker and Culkin as the teams main pass catching threat.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I kinda like the Chargers despite their ownership. Often overlooked in that division but man, they always have some ballers on that team and on the right day can beat anyone.
But like Bozle said, cursed.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
A season ending injury for the Chargers already. Not surprising with the luck they've had over the years with injuries.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Another option would be to try out 6th round pick Dylan Cantrell at TE (drafted as a WR). He'd have to add some weight but has the frame and ability to work there, excellent blocker, good hands etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad