Speculation: Chances of current Vaxjo Lakers players succeeding in the NHL?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So the last time somebody dominated SHL playoffs even close to the way Vaxjo have this year was '14 Skelleftea. That team, to this point, provided NHL with 8 players who had played at least 1 NHL game since winning that year (Arvidsson, Bellemare, Melker Karlsson, Lindstrom, Sundqvist, Aho, Heed and Holloway (1 game)). 3 or 4 got the NHL deals but never got out of the AHL and came back to Europe.

That's more than half of the team taking a crack at the NHL with some of those guys becoming impact players in it.

So, my question is, probably aimed mostly at Swedish posters: who do you think can make the NHL from this Vaxjo team and what are their chances of success? I do understand this is much more of a veteran team and a lot of those guys didn't make it in the past but how about the others?

Pettersson is the obvious one but how about Martinsson, Rosen, Lundberg, maybe even Persson?

P.S. While writing this post and taking a deeper look I realized those teams are very different. But still, since I wrote all this, maybe people have some insights to share.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He's signed for 2 more years though. He is at least as many years away from playing in the NHL (if ever) as well, I'd think. He didn't even make any of Swedish EHT rosters yet.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Linus Hogberg is a Flyer pick who played WJC. Young D got good experience this year. One or two years more and he might be ready to come over.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What the hell happened to Bud Holloway? There was some weird stuff with the Kings back in the day. He was promising but he bailed for Europe and that was that.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Joel persson and martinsson for sure. Lundbergs are not good enough. Rosen is not small rink player. Rahimi is nhl quality but i guess its too late for him. Elias ofc.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
What the hell happened to Bud Holloway? There was some weird stuff with the Kings back in the day. He was promising but he bailed for Europe and that was that.

When he came to play for the Habs, we quickly realized he couldn't skate, even for AHL standards, he was awfully slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad