Post-Game Talk: Champitals @ The Stars | 8PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Sweet game. No issues with the loss. Caps played hard, Stars played hard.

Copley was awesome.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Way to go boys. You played OT like you reslly didn’t want to be out there.
My guess was they were tired. They played a high energy game in the 2nd game of a back to back. They actually played a good game. Better than I thought they would.
I know a loss is a loss but this game was still a positive. And we still get a loser point.

Last edited:
Reactions: troyerlaw

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If they lose to the Red Wings on Sunday I will worry (slightly). I wasn't expecting a win tonight. I'm happy they only gave up one goal to a decent offensive team.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
All considering (b2b), one of their better efforts the past ~four games. Very winnable. At least they picked up a point.
Copley played well.

Barely holding off Pitt.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
If they lose to the Red Wings on Sunday I will worry (slightly). I wasn't expecting a win tonight. I'm happy they only gave up one goal to a decent offensive team.
Dallas is 27th in goals per game. Do you consider that a decent offensive team?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I consider any team with Seguin, Benn, Radulov and Klingberg pretty damn good offensively.
Well your stats tell us there aren't very good offensively. In fact they are struggling offensively. Which was why their CEO called out their star players. They have been winning with defense and goaltending.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I would have thought you only get to be the bug once though, right?

HospitableSoulfulArchaeopteryx-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: troyerlaw and Heath

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I wouldnt be too concerned with our play tonight. After the first period we were easily the better team. We ran into a hot goalie. Khudobin played very well.

But I'm noticing a bad trend that it's rearing its ugly head now. Caps are trying to score goals on perimeter type shots. Both goals by the Stars were below the face-off circles(even though the Caps defensive coverage was poor on both goals). Eller's goal was shot almost close to the face-off dot. My point is the net drive of the Caps forwards hasn't been enough. They need to get more dirty and gritty! Both Kuzy and OV can fire pucks on goal from almost anywhere. That line should just simplify, having Wilson just bulldoze his way towards the net creating havoc and looking to screen/redirect an OV/Kuzy shot. Backstrom has a deceptive wrist shot but he doesn't use it enough. He should give the deception that he's gonna pass and sneak some shots on the goal! I love Oshie, but I fear he's a bit weary to go hard towards the net, due to his recent concussion.

PP could have easily won this game towards the end of the 3rd, but it's a lot of bad passes(need quick touch tape to tape passes as I see it from almost every opponents PP against the Caps PK), being too stagnant(everyone on PP1 unit looking lazy in execution), and no shots from Backstrom/Kuzy(fire some low shots off the goalies leg pads and have someone else ready to pounce on rebounds. When your team is slumping in different facets of the game, you go back to basics, work harder and keep shooting and going towards the net. The pretty stuff is becoming far less because every Caps opponent is specifically scheming to take it away. It's pretty simple that all the Caps opponents are daring to outwork them. Right now the Caps opponents are winning the odds, because the Caps don't want to pay the price to win games!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
3rd line played well and was rewarded with a goal. Copley was good too.
At least they got a point in a B2b situation
0 goals conceded 5on5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad