GWT: Champions League - Semifinals

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Pretty sure Harry Kane is cursed.

Not only do his teams lose in big moments, they lose in the most frustrating, heartbreaking way possible.

Reactions: GeoRox89

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Howard Webb levels of ref defending
I identified who made the primary mistake and said it was a “huge” mistake. I’m not defending the refs at all.

I don’t believe a ref/linesman can work the semis and the finals so I don’t think this linesman was going to get the final anyway, but if he was in line to get the Europa or Conference league finals it’s the type of mistake that should keep him out of those games.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
My top 5 right now, in order: Mbappe, Bellingham, Rodri, Kane, Saka
Unless Arsenal win the title and Saka does very well at the Euros with England, I would probably put Wirtz before him. I would also have Wirtz ahead of Kane at the moment.

All gonna be moot when Messi wins it on the back of a Copa win and putting up video game numbers in Miami.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
It was close to offside but the referee should have continued play so they can check it like they did with Joselu. Big mistake by the Polish Ref.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
3 Real goals resulted from big individual mistakes from Kim and Neuer. Of course you can't move forward like this. What I didn't understand at all was why Tuchel substituted Kim in the very important late phase???This has led to more uncertainty in Bayern's defense.
Of course the ref was also terribly upset.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Weak. You can troll better than this.

3 Real goals resulted from big individual mistakes from Kim and Neuer. Of course you can't move forward like this. What I didn't understand at all was why Tuchel substituted Kim in the very important late phase???This has led to more uncertainty in Bayern's defense.
Of course the ref was also terribly upset.

Because Tuchel is a coward. Pep took advantage of his naivety and ever since he's become more & more cynical.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
If Madrid wins the CL, it'll be down to if Brazil or England can win the Copa/EURO.

Only if one of those two conditions is NOT met, can Mbappe etc. win it.

I'm not saying that's the right way to go about, but it IS the way the votes will go about it.

Reactions: Power Man

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Seriously? Has anyone even watched the 2004 CL?
They scored in every game except in one semifinal game.

I remember it. United had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside against Porto. Would have been 3-2 up on aggregate with an away goal before Tim Howard gave Porto a last minute goal. Not that I'm still bitter about it 20 years later :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: gary69 and Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I remember it. United had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside against Porto. Would have been 3-2 up on aggregate with an away goal before Tim Howard gave Porto a last minute goal. Not that I'm still bitter about it 20 years later :laugh:
Yeah I had Lyon penciled as favorite. But they had no answer to Porto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad