GWT: Champions League - Round of 16

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Almost easiest draw possible for PSG. I think BVB is the weakest team left but Barca is doable and most of all no City until the final.
Yet PSG is extremely young and CL is not a realistic goal this year.
Should be good games against Barca. Hopefully with normal reffing.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Dortmund isn't the favorite against anyone but all the teams I feel like they can beat are on their side of the draw, so I'm happy with this.

As a neutral Arsenal-Bayern is the one I'm most looking forward to. Arsenal is undeniably in a better form right now but still really inexperienced here. I can not only see either team winning, but I could see either win by a blowout.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
it won’t be a realistic goal next year either.

But what if PSG finds a way to sneak in to the final this year lol
I have no idea how PSG will lineup next year though.
If they do win the CL this year it's quite amazing. Would mean the pressure from the club would be the whole difference (and draws and reffing too).
With that said it's 50/50 against Barca and hardly a final yet.

Reactions: Power Man

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I like the draw, can see each tie going each way.
City might be the biggest favorite, now that they went all the way through once I'd be surprised if they don't beat Real.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
You should be
Meh , City hasn,t been super impressive this season tbh

That's the only thing that worries me :

Jude Bellingham, Vinicius Junior• Eduardo Camavinga, Aurélien Tchouamen iare all one booking away from missing the second leg vs Man. City at Etihad.

We need to be disciplined

We are also getting Courtois and Militao after the upcoming FIFA break, but I don't know if they will be ready

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Can't wait for the championship dvd once we beat Bayern, Real/City, and then Barca in the final. Get all of the past demons out of the way in one year.

Reactions: robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
City might be the biggest favorite, now that they went all the way through once I'd be surprised if they don't beat Real.

Is City hungry enough now that they've reached the mountain top? They're favorites, but they don't seem to be as focused/sharp as they were last year and they seem more banged up.

Plus Jude's made Madrid a lot scarier, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Real snag this one in stoppage time. #stillbitter :laugh:

Would be a lot of fun to stop Kane from getting silverware.

Most fun final for me would be Kane v Borussia Inc. to see who can bottle it harder.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Madrid will beat City, IMO. There's been a lot less inevitability about City this year. I think they'll have a hard time with Bellingham's box-bursting, and they seem less creative than they have as well.

Otherwise, could see Atletico scraping their way through to the final on the other side of the bracket. Path is laid for PSG though.

Feel like Bayern will beat Arsenal. Contrary to popular belief, Tuchel's Bayern aren't actually a disaster, they're just second in the league to a team that is having one of the more bananas seasons in history. Arsenal are likely a better team right now, but I think Bayern will scrape by them. Madrid should subsequently bat aside Bayern.

Gonna say it'll be another Madrid derby final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think people realize PSG is starting a historically young team, have tons of question marks, are starting a CB with 5 games of L1 experience and 0 european games, an 18 year old midfielder, and no Neymar or Messi anymore.
PSG is better balanced IMO but a huge question mark and not built for a CL win.
Now, they're playing better and better, but I would hardly say they're favourites in their bracket. IMO, Barca, Atletico and PSG are roughly same level and BVB just under (which means they could still very well win it all).

Bayern Arsenal is 50/50 which is already a win for Arsenal. Bayern has more experience though and should go through, but it's a coin toss.
City should reach the final, I don't believe in Real if refs don't come to the rescue again.

I think it's City against Atletico/Barca/PSG in the final.
And I see City losing that final regardless of opponent.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Arsenal need to win at home by at least 2, IMO. Put this to bed in the 1st leg.

I think Bayern are much more of a mess than WBS does...especially in big matches...but they can score in bunches. You'd need to pump them by 4 or more to put it away in the 1st leg.

The vibes around the club are awful, but the monster is far from dead...especially with the way Kimmich moving back to FB and Pavlovic starting in his place at the 6, has helped their balance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad