GWT: Champions League - Quarterfinals

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bayern put two LBs and a CB on him and a couple Liverpool fans are trolling because he apparently didn't have a shot (although I seem to recall him getting a header toward goal, although that may have been during an offside play) even though he created a couple solid chances.

In other words, Liverpool tears.
I'm a (new) Spurs fan

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Happily. At the age of 22, Salah had won the Swiss Super League twice. At the age of 22, Saka has won an FA Cup and two Community Shields. Unfortunately he didn't have a chance to win the Swiss Super League, but he still has more trophies at the same age. Salah didn't win another trophy for 5 years.
One of those Community Shields was against the "treble" Man City, Salah's Suisse Cups are against Young Boys and a team called "Grasshoppers."

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
One of those Community Shields was against the "treble" Man City, Salah's Suisse Cups are against Young Boys and a team called "Grasshoppers."
Community Shield is a preseason game, and it also was not against Treble City

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Can someone explain this Saka thing going on? Opted to see City-Real...
As simply as I can summarize it...

Bayern played two LBs to double team Saka - marked him closely and never really let him into the game. Arsenal opted to play more down the left side where they had more space. Other players didn't convert their chances today.

Liverpool fans instant reaction was "wow Saka sucked today" ignoring any of the actual tactics of the game.

Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As simply as I can summarize it...

Bayern played two LBs to double team Saka - marked him closely and never really let him into the game. Arsenal opted to play more down the left side where they had more space. Other players didn't convert their chances today.

Liverpool fans instant reaction was "wow Saka sucked today" ignoring any of the actual tactics of the game.
I think Bayern tactically wanted to nullify Saka, and the did so. Saka sucked today. Arsenal got knocked out. Arsenal still have no UCL trophies

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
The Arsenal fans are mad that he couldn’t handle getting double teamed, but instead of admitting he had a bad game they are deflecting Saka was better at 22 than Salah was at 22
I think at 22 Salah was playing with Fiorentina. I like Saka, but i pick Salah any day.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So is counting Swiss Super Leagues. So let's just do top 5 leagues, their cups, and continental trophies. Salah had an empty cabinet when he was 22, then. Womp womp.
Well good thing Salah wasn’t 22 when he came to LFC then

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
And imagine BVB winning the CL and coming 5th in the Bundesliga, then there would even be 6 Bundesliga teams in the CL. ;)
Dortmund-Bayern final would be pretty funny, considering both fan bases consider their domestic seasons a disaster and want(ed) their managers fired.

Reactions: cgf and Lambo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And Liverpool still isn't in the UCL, so how about you go back to your own thread and stop trolling?
Who is trolling? Arsenal isn’t in the UCL anymore either so you can leave too

Hey, you're onto something! Players get better as they age, so while you're hilariously flailing at a 22 year old, it's actually only you who is looking bad. Crazy, ain't it?
No one is flailing. Just saying he had a bad game. Which he did. I’m not the one over complicating things

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For the record, no Arsenal fan has said Saka > Salah here. We tried to explain simple tactics to a Liverpool fan and so he had to turn it into "well look how many trophies Salah has!" dick measuring contest.
So Saka or Salah then? Just for the record.

And yeah sports are measured by trophies last time I checked

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Dortmund-Bayern final would be pretty funny, considering both fan bases consider their domestic seasons a disaster and want(ed) their managers fired.
Actually both aren t that bad. Only Leverkusen outshines everything. It is Bayer 04's strength that makes Bayern and BVB look so bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad