GWT: Champions League - Quarterfinals

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Drinking a Basque IPA right now in support of our boy Mikel. That should help, right?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think the other major Dresden team is in like...what's below the Oberliga? Closest alternatives would be Chemnitz, Zwickau, or Aue, I think? The last if wanting a "professional" level club.
Yeah, I dunno that there's a good alternative in Dresden. Berlin being the bigger city, BFC being even more despicable than Dresden had been, and Hertha existing to keep them from dominating the city post-reunification even if we had gone completely bankrupt; so it's a different dynamic than the other Dynamo city.

Is that good or bad for us?

Good probably. Pavlovic has been significantly better than Laimer this season and without the 19yo next to him, Leon has to play a more holding midfield role. Goretzka has done very well in that role lately, so maybe not a big deal, but Pavlovic has been very important for them.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yeah, I dunno that there's a good alternative in Dresden. Berlin being the bigger city, BFC being even more despicable than Dresden had been, and Hertha existing to keep them from dominating the city post-reunification even if we had gone completely bankrupt; so it's a different dynamic than the other Dynamo city.

Good probably. Pavlovic has been significantly better than Laimer this season and without the 19yo next to him, Leon has to play a more holding midfield role. Goretzka has done very well in that role lately, so maybe not a big deal, but Pavlovic has been very important for them.
Laimer was really hot and cold the first leg. Some bonehead giveaways, and at least one of the goals directly on him, but he also was all over the place and a pretty disruptive presence. I suspect if they are chasing the game they'll make the switch to Pavlovic.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Laimer was really hot and cold the first leg. Some bonehead giveaways, and at least one of the goals directly on him, but he also was all over the place and a pretty disruptive presence. I suspect if they are chasing the game they'll make the switch to Pavlovic.

Also will be curious to see how that left side plays out. Raphael has played a lot of 8 for them, so I could see that 11 shifting into more of a 4-3-3 with Guerriero, Liamer, & Goretzka in a midfield trio behind Kane, Sane, & Musiala if their midfield is getting pushed around.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Also will be curious to see how that left side plays out. Raphael has played a lot of 8 for them, so I could see that 11 shifting into more of a 4-3-3 with Guerriero, Liamer, & Goretzka in a midfield trio behind Kane, Sane, & Musiala if their midfield is getting pushed around.
That or Tuchel is going with the double LB because he's scared of Saka. Who knows.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Being a Tottenham fan is exhausting. I want to root for Harry Kane. I also want Arsenal to lose. But I also want Arsenal to win so Spurs chances for CL next year get better.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad