GWT: Champions League - Quarterfinals

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Malen is out, and I still go back and forth on whether I'd start Füllkrug or Moukoko. But otherwise I'm expecting the starting lineup to be something like:

Sancho, Füllkrug/Moukoko, Adeyemi
Sabitzer, Brandt, Can
Maatsen, Schlotterbeck, Hummels, Ryerson
Kobel

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why are you going against Barca? Not that I care, just curious!
I feel dirty...and that's one thing I'm not into...but I think want that 5th CL spot, so I'm rooting for the Ligue 1 team over the La Liga team. Plus that would give MAtS & Ilkay more rest before the Euros, so win-win...*ugh*

As for PSG's germans, the only time I was high on Kehrer was when he & Süle had that great start together under Flick...and that lasted for something like 8 games lol...so they didn't ruin anything by buying him other than the market, which they were doing whether they bought German or not.

Draxler had every tool that Rapey-Ronaldo did, but he just didn't care enough. That's why he went to FC VW before PSG. And a prospect going to FC VW is usually a big sign that they're more concerned with cashing in on what they've already achieved than achieving even greater heights moving forward.

Whereas with Trapp, I think his time in Paris actually helped him be a near perfect 3rd Keeper for the NT. Someone who was never going to play because we had two all-timers ahead of him, but who was a good locker-room guy and had the quality to backstop an EL winner, if both Neuer & ter Stegen got hurt.

And so many of the kids they're too lazy to play have netted BuLi clubs so much money, that it's hard for me to hate them. Their ineptitude has brought in hundreds of millions to the league.

E:
But that's just my mind, who knows who my heart will want to win once the ball actually kicks off :laugh:

TL,DR:

Serie A - 18.428 (4 teams left in Europe; Milan, Roma, Atalanta, Florenz)
BuLi - 16.785 (3 teams left in Europe; Bayer, Bayern, Dortmund)
EPL - 16.750 (5 teams left in Europe; City, Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham, Villa)
La Liga - 15.062 (3 teams left in Europe; Real, Barca, Atletico)
Ligue 1 - 14.750 (3 teams left in Europe; PSG, Marseille, Lille)

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Extremely stupid joke for the football x Sopranos x Simpsons fans on this board.

1713291107588.png

1713291128625.png

1713291160533.png

1713291369555.jpeg

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Azpilicueta in at left back for Atletico.

My countryman Kovacs is refereeing Barcelona-PSG, hope he helps the good guys.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And now Sabitzer almost gets beaten for the opener going the other way. Disastrous start so far from the Austrian.

Not sure how many will get the reference but....

"What you get and what you want are two different things".

In Russia this is called optimistic parenting...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just like last week, PSG easily the better team in the first 10 minutes. But a goal is needed.

Against the run of play of course....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad