Chabot for Karlsson.

• Chabot

• Karlsson

Results are only viewable after voting.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Chabot for a pail of pucks

Chabot for just the pail

Chabot for nothing. Absolutely nothing. You take the contract you can have him. We won't get that lucky. Getting rid of that contract will cost a pound of flesh.

But i don't want Karlsson back.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
EK65 is playing out his contract…. He left for the money, he has the money, and now is on the downhill side of his career….. Chabot could be traded for assets that Ottawa needs….Ottawa does not need EK65

Reactions: bert and senswon

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
40f67105-34ad-496a-8d8f-fdcffe2e4f89_text.gif

I'm a huge fan of EK but his age and contract do not fit what this team is trying to do.

The way Chabot has been playing I wouldn't be too upset at this deal (provided the Pens even out the salaries) but it's not what we really need.

Time to move on. For real this time.

Reactions: bert

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
no one can deny that trading Chabot for Karlsson absolutely without a doubt makes this team better.

Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-Karlsson

is better.

it gives the team a much better chance to compete every night, not only because Karlsson is a much better hockey player than Chabot but because it balances out the positions from weakness to strength.

40f67105-34ad-496a-8d8f-fdcffe2e4f89_text.gif

I'm a huge fan of EK but his age and contract do not fit what this team is trying to do.

The way Chabot has been playing I wouldn't be too upset at this deal (provided the Pens even out the salaries) but it's not what we really need.

Time to move on. For real this time.

has giroux been a bad fit? cuz he's older and gets paid a hefty sum as well.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There was a time I was on board, and acknowledge it could work and work well, but I don't think it's the ideal direction to go at this point.

I do think though that with the state of Chabot's game atm, its hard to argue that it wouldn't be an immediate upgrade in an isolated sense of the 2 players involved. Karlsson is the better player imo.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I will say see seeing Chabot live and up close he panics quite a bit on the blue line. Everything from his body posture to his facial expressions conveys and reinforces that he has a very hard time making quick concise decisions.

Reactions: Alex1234

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
You can't move Chabot if Chychrun is not going to extend. The only exception would be if you think Chabot is an albatross, and by moving him you're getting ahead of the rest of the NHL.

If we want to bring back Karlsson, and Pittsburgh is open to moving him, the trade is something like Korpisalo+BOS 1st+OTT 2nd as a base.

When Pittsburgh traded for Karlsson, they dumped 15.5M in bad cap with Granlund (5M x 2Y) and Rutta (2.75M x 2Y). Korpisalo is owed 16M. So it's effectively a wash cap wise.

They also gave up what is looking to be a top 16 pick, and a 2025 2nd. Given that Ottawa's 2nd is projecting to be in the top 40, a late 1st and a top 40 pick are probably close enough in value to a mid 1st and a 2nd a year from now.

This assumes that they move Chychrun in a different trade and recoup the 1st+2nd that they give up here. So it would basically be 1 year of Chychrun (since he won't re-sign) for 3 years of Karlsson. Karlsson's inflated cap hit would be subsidized by dumping Korpisalo.

There isn't going to be a trade market for Karlsson due to his hit, age, term, and NMC. San Jose had a difficult enough time moving him after a legendary season. So if Pittsburgh was at a point where they were open to taking a mulligan, and Ottawa offered to effectively undo the trade for them, you'd have to think they would consider it.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I will say see seeing Chabot live and up close he panics quite a bit on the blue line. Everything from his body posture to his facial expressions conveys and reinforces that he has a very hard time making quick concise decisions.

You can see all that from section 323? :sarcasm:

I think all the players are trying to figure out a new system and are uncomfortable.

Reactions: Relapsing

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

lol funny since karlssons biggest weakness is that he never panics.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
You can see all that from section 323? :sarcasm:

I think all the players are trying to figure out a new system and are uncomfortable.
I don't think Chabot having a tough time making quick decisions is attributed to him learning a new system. He's always had this problem. I was just reinforcing that opinion based on what I've seen on tv and in person.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Absolutely but Pittsburgh wouldn't because they'd get significantly worse. We'd have to add to the trade and don't have the assets to do that unless they want Chabot's chum Joseph.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad