Confirmed Trade: [CGY/SJS] Nikita Okhotiuk for 2024 5th round pick

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Weren't the sharks high on Okhotiuk? Must be a good return then.
Not specifically. He had solid stretches of play this year but has fallen off in the last month or so. The Sharks are high on Mukhamadullin and Zetterlund at this stage. They also got Quentin Musty out of that deal who is looking like he may earn himself an NHL job next season and will have an early 2nd round pick this year. They got a good haul but Okhotiuk was mostly filler but had some potential.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Someone in the Flames organization needs to stage an intervention to stop Conroy from acquiring another defencemen. This is getting ridiculous

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Sharks are loaded with bottom-pairing defensemen. Okhotiuk was one of the ones they thought could take the next step. He didn't; best give him a chance elsewhere.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Nikita doesn't look the same this year, maybe its being on the Sharks. Would have loved the Ducks to have picked him up. He is still very young and can add value if he can play mean again.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
After my googling I'm happy with this.

Not going to judge a young D to harshly whose on a team trying to lose

Reactions: hn777

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I really liked Okhotiuk when he was Devils property, too bad it didn't work out for him in SJ.

Calgary seems to be able to take former Devil castaways and turn them around, hopefully that happens again.

Reactions: Bone Density

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
yep, and Miro is 26, and Grush is just almost 21 but playing NA pro.
So 3 guys lined up to maybe contribute at NHL level in near future
They also have Solovyov & Kuznetsov that are close to being NHL ready. That's 5 Russian D

And 3 Russian goalies to go with them, lol

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Not a fan of this trade. Ohotiuk was meant to be a throw-in in the Meier to NJ trade but his growth really surprised me. He developed a pretty physical game and seemed like he was moving in the right direction. It's likely due to logjam but I would have given up almost any other non-prospect D-man.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad