Confirmed Trade: [CGY/SJS] Nikita Okhotiuk for 2024 5th round pick

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not a fan of this trade. Ohotiuk was meant to be a throw-in in the Meier to NJ trade but his growth really surprised me. He developed a pretty physical game and seemed like he was moving in the right direction. It's likely due to logjam but I would have given up almost any other non-prospect D-man.
I haven't watched the Sharks enough to really know and have only seen him play a couple of times. He didn't really pop off the screen for me, but that's kind of what you want in a bottom pairing guy.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not a fan of this trade. Ohotiuk was meant to be a throw-in in the Meier to NJ trade but his growth really surprised me. He developed a pretty physical game and seemed like he was moving in the right direction. It's likely due to logjam but I would have given up almost any other non-prospect D-man.

Ohotiuk had that physical side in the AHL and is part of why I like him as a defender. He's a throwback, reminds me a bit of someone like McCabe in a way since he can do a little of everything, but his hitting really shines.

Reactions: Bone Density

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ohotiuk had that physical side in the AHL and is part of why I like him as a defender. He's a throwback, reminds me a bit of someone like McCabe in a way since he can do a little of everything, but his hitting really shines.
He had that physics side in the OHL too. It’s why I’ve always wanted Arizona to acquire him. I know Andre Tourigny was a huge fan of his too. I’m bummed we seemed to have missed an opportunity here.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He had that physics side in the OHL too. It’s why I’ve always wanted Arizona to acquire him. I know Andre Tourigny was a huge fan of his too. I’m bummed we seemed to have missed an opportunity here.

Feeling the same as a Sabre fan. Shocked at the cost here.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He’s another guy that’s probably gonna excel outside the sharks system simply because, like every defenseman there he was forced to do and play more than he should have been. This is what happened when your marquee offseason pickups are Kyle Burroughs and Jan Ruuta.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I haven't watched the Sharks enough to really know and have only seen him play a couple of times. He didn't really pop off the screen for me, but that's kind of what you want in a bottom pairing guy.
He is one of those players with good tools that makes a boneheaded play ~20% of the time. Can’t count how many times the puck was on his stick for a controlled break-out and then he screwed it up and the Sharks ended up getting hemmed in their D-zone. Low IQ is how I would describe it.

Reactions: Cas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad