Proposal: Cgy-Phi

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I

ll absolutely pass on that ridiculous overpayment for a year and a quarter of Jonny

... the OP says signed to an extension... so if you're that blind you shouldn't be on a phone/computer, if this was for a longterm contract especially at a "discount" like the OP states, I'd prefer a 22 1st and keep Frost but add one of the D prospects, i wouldn't want Ghost, but every team can use D, we could sell off Nesterov and/or Gio if we got him. But i personally would just aim for 2 1st's and some cap back for Gaudreau

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
And why exactly is that
Monahan is not good anymore. He's been playing average to below average since the 2019 playoffs, and hasn't improved or returned to form. Gaudreau playing with actual top six players will put up much better numbers. I mean, the guy has Brett Ritchie on his line. :help:

Reactions: Traptor

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
... the OP says signed to an extension... so if you're that blind you shouldn't be on a phone/computer, if this was for a longterm contract especially at a "discount" like the OP states, I'd prefer a 22 1st and keep Frost but add one of the D prospects, i wouldn't want Ghost, but every team can use D, we could sell off Nesterov and/or Gio if we got him. But i personally would just aim for 2 1st's and some cap back for Gaudreau
Pretty sure it was changed from the original post... way to join late

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Could Sean Monahan and Nolan Patrick be the centre of a deal with cap and other pieces evening things out?

Sean will be a middle 6C, where he’s likely better off. Patrick will be a middle 6C cause Flames will rebuilding or retooling.

Think both dudes could use a refresh.
The Flyers already have 2 expensive C's in Couturier and Hayes...so having a cheap #3 C is a need...and Patrick/Frost will battle it out for the spot next year.

Not directed toward you, but people need to look at the Flyers roster and cap hits to look at deals in a realistic way. The Flyers roster...will just place considering their cap hit:

Giroux Couts Jake
JVR Hayes Konecny

Their top 6 all make 5.5 or more except Couts who is due a big raise on his 4.333 million steal of a deal. Then on the "cheap" end you have:

Lindblom(3) Patrick(.875) Farabee(.925)
Raffl(UFA) Laughton (UFA) NAK(1.08)

It's easy to see that they are not adding JG for cheaper, younger players. Or Monahan for the same. They don't "need" expensive top 6 players. They have them. They need their cheaper guys to produce...Farabee and Laughton are...Lindblom(cancer), Patrick(almost 2 years without hockey) are not. NAK and Raffl are as expected.

Yes they are losing Laughton and NAK...but have Frost and Laczynski to replace them.

The Flyers and Flames just are not matches when it comes to the Flyers "needs". Expect them to add a top 4 Dman....not a forward unless it's a much bigger deal. And no we don't want Bennett either...lol.

Reactions: YP44

Traptor

Mar 2, 2021
And why exactly is that

Monahan is shooting at 8% (verse his average 15%) right now. Monahan also only has 3 ES goals. Monahan leaves alot to be desired outside of scoring goals from the slot and rarely carries the puck. Gaudreau's other wingers have been bennett, ritchie, leivo, and Simon, all bottom 6 forwards. If Gaudreau had players on his line who could actually pull the weight of a top 6 forward or if Monahan was shooting at his average rate, Johny would easily have another 10 points.
Johny is an impact player, but he is essentially playing with two bottom 6 forwards currently. It's unfortunate we haven't given him better support on his line.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Pretty sure it was changed from the original post... way to join late

Look at your reply of the OP if it was changed after you replied to him they'd be different from each other, the OP and your reply are the exact same words, but good try, I'd understand not wanting to pay that much for just over a year rental but he did say resigned

I checked after replying to you every single word in the OP is identical to your original reply :) also it'd show "edited" where anyone can see both. Nice job though, plus I'm sure if there were any teams he'd sign for cheaper it'd be Calgary or his hometown team (see my reply for proof about the edit)

Last edited:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
If we trade Gaudreau we enter a new level of suck
Maybe but the Flames seem to be circling the drain as it is. Do Flames fans want to keep hoping to just make the playoffs and see what happens? Do they think a free agent or two can turn it around? Do they want to do like the Rangers and sell off some of their assets while they still have value and rebuild? Or is everything going to be ok some how?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad