Proposal: Cgy-Phi

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Calgary:
Johnny Gaudreau (signed to an extension) + David Rittich

for

Shayne Ghostisbehere + Brian Elliot + Nolan Patrick + Morgan Frost + 2021 1st

Gaudreau goes to his favorite team and joins his bff Hayes (and likely takes a slight discount in his next contract to do so) and Philly gets goaltending insurance this season to backup a struggling Hart. Rittich > Elliot
Flames take Ghost back for cap purposes and could actually use him as they currently lack any mobility on their backend, and they get back two highly regarded prospects plus a 1st in what is generally regarded as a poor draft this year.

Reactions: Limeyjim

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
I
Calgary:

for

Gaudreau goes to his favorite team and joins his bff Hayes (and likely takes a slight discount in his next contract to do so) and Philly gets goaltending insurance this season to backup a struggling Hart. Rittich > Elliot
Flames take Ghost back for cap purposes and could actually use him as they currently lack any mobility on their backend, and they get back two highly regarded prospects plus a 1st in what is generally regarded as a poor draft this year.
ll absolutely pass on that ridiculous overpayment for a year and a quarter of Jonny

Bond

May 10, 2012
Is Frost really good? I am only looking at stats but nothing screams out top 6 NHL player but could be off there. Ghost is a cap dump, Rittich may be a bit better than Elliot but is a wash, and Patrick looks like a bust. Remove all the crap and it is Frost + 1st for Gaudreau.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think this is close if it only includes one of Frost, Patrick or the 1st. All 3 is just greedy.
None of the 3 is any good

frost and the 1st are long shot magic bean

patrick is making Bennett looks like a good pick

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Why would CGY add a high pick for a lesser player
Term and age, Gaudreau has 1 season and 2 playoffs left. Konecny has 4 seasons left and is 3 years younger.

As a more extreme example, Giordano is a lot better player than Dahlin. But there is no way Buffalo would move Dahlin for Giordano and a pick.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why do certain Flames fan keep trying to trade the Flyers JG when at LW they have:

Giroux
JVR
Lindblom

he isn't a need.

They NEED one of Patrick or Frost for their #3C int he future with the hope that at some point, one pushes Hayes down. Hell...maybe Couts leaves via UFA and they need both.

Please look at other teams needs.

Reactions: YP44

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Is Frost really good? I am only looking at stats but nothing screams out top 6 NHL player but could be off there. Ghost is a cap dump, Rittich may be a bit better than Elliot but is a wash, and Patrick looks like a bust. Remove all the crap and it is Frost + 1st for Gaudreau.
Are you? 2 100+ seasons in jr. close to ppg 1st year pro. 30 pts pace in the league last season.

Screams top 6 to me.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Are you? 2 100+ seasons in jr. close to ppg 1st year pro. 30 pts pace in the league last season.
Screams top 6 to me.
Why couldn't he stick? Also .70ppg isn't almost ppg, he sat at 19th place for rookie PPG in his first pro season. Josh Norris was #1 one with 1.09 PPG. That screams top 6 forward to me.

Frost looks like a middle six if he makes it.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Why couldn't he stick? Also .70ppg isn't almost ppg, he sat at 19th place for rookie PPG in his first pro season. Josh Norris was #1 one with 1.09 PPG. That screams top 6 forward to me.

Frost looks like a middle six if he makes it.
Top 6- Middle 6 debate. I’m not having that debate. Frost numbers are fine. 2nd line center is the ceiling you set, ok.
Edit: check roster. Would have stuck on many teams.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Calgary:

for

You were somewhere along the lines of a deal until you threw in a high, possibly very high, 1st for whatever reason. No.

Rittich and Patrick are both off to shaky ground, Patrick was drafted way higher so the hopes are higher and the disappointment is way higher if he doesn't grow. I'd say those two aren't far off in value from each other, I'd say Patrick is probably worth a bit more considering the general value of goalies in trade. Then you have Gaudreau for Ghost, Elliot, and Frost. Forgetting the 1st because no.

Even then I'd say that's an exorbitant price to pay. I'd say Ghost for Gaudreau is roughly even from the Flyers perspective. They're both diminutive players that contribute more offensively than defensively, both with disappointing seasons recently on paper. Flyers fans know Ghost has been unfairly treated by largely crap coaches in a dysfunctional organization and has consistently been one of our best two D. Four years ago he posted insane numbers, two of the last three (including this one) he's posted close to .5 PPG in limited ice-time. He's tied for 1st in PPP and second in overall Points amongst D on our team despite being 11th in TOI overall, 4th in TOI amongst D, and 3rd in ATOI amongst D. In addition to getting to be the whipping boy for the coaches.

From a Flyers perspective, there's something there but still too much to ask without the 1st. With the 1st it's a hell no for most fans looking at this.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Even then I'd say that's an exorbitant price to pay. I'd say Ghost for Gaudreau is roughly even from the Flyers perspective. .
Lol waiver wire Ghost is worth Gaudreau. Sure. Only trade that makes sense is if both teams want a shake up and the base is Gaudreau for Konency.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Lol waiver wire Ghost is worth Gaudreau. Sure. Only trade that makes sense is if both teams want a shake up and the base is Gaudreau for Konency.

Great argument.

And not a single Flyers fan would want that trade. I'd wager to say most non Calgary fans would say they wouldn't trade Konecny for Gaudreau. He's posting the same stats, actually possibly slightly better stats than Gaudreau, and is four years younger.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Could Sean Monahan and Nolan Patrick be the centre of a deal with cap and other pieces evening things out?

Sean will be a middle 6C, where he’s likely better off. Patrick will be a middle 6C cause Flames will rebuilding or retooling.

Think both dudes could use a refresh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad