Confirmed Trade: [CGY/OTT] Nick Shore for 2019 7th round

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Matt Stajan replacement for next season?
You have to think so at this point in time. Although, I suspect he will play 3RW (with Jankowski and Stewart, as Stewart has played LW before) until Ferland returns; at which point I believe he will move to 4C and push Stajan to LW (to form a 4th line of Stajan - Shore - Brouwer)

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I honestly hope ur right Shore did well in the ahl but Sutter seemed to have sucked away any offensive side he had left. Now he looked alot better this year under Stevens He even got a couple games with Toffoli and Pearson and looked ok there. However most of the time his line mate were Clifford and stone hands lewis (who is better this year) Now being in a more offensive minded system (anyone has to be more then la) might better his offensive total.

Flames fans know this all too well :laugh:, B Sutter sucked every ounce of offense out of Backlund during his tenure, turned him into a purely defensive player, but Hartley was able to bring him back to life and make him a good two way guy. Hope that's the case here, Shore always stuck out to me when we played the Kings, I think he has some more offense to give.

Either way, a 7th is a nothing price for a good defensive player.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yup.
Shore, unless he ****s up big time, will be a Flame for at least a couple more seasons.

Stewart? No idea. He could be back, or he could be in Europe next season.

Well as of right now, I wouldn't mind bringing them both back for like a million a year, Shore on a 2/3 year contract, Stewart on a single year, cause i think they're both righties if im right? Unless we go after a righty ufa

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Well as of right now, I wouldn't mind bringing them both back for like a million a year, Shore on a 2/3 year contract, Stewart on a single year, cause i think they're both righties if im right? Unless we go after a righty ufa

Have you seen the crop of RW or RH C's this year?
Tyler Bozak is by far the biggest name. That says something.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
He should have been traded to the Devils. You only get so many chances to have a player who is actually the Jersey Shore.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Matt Stajan replacement for next season?

I could see that. But I also wouldn't be horribly upset if Stajan is paid 1 mil next season to be a swing wing. I may be alone, but I think Stajan will be a very good winger and could be excellent support to our bottom 6 C. IMO he'd be like the Versteeg contract of this season. I wouldn't mind him as the 13th man.

He, however, is no longer able to carry duds on his line any more. Stajan, Shore, Lazar could be an interesting 4th line. Stajan and Lazar as wingers trained on that line would then theoretically be able to better support lines (if they play up) defensively or from a centre responsibility point of view.

But we shall see.

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
How fast is shore?

The biggest problem with our 4th line is Stajan and Brouwer are too slow. Either one of them put with some of the younger quicker guys have been pretty effective but when they are both playing it's just too slow.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Have you seen the crop of RW or RH C's this year?
Tyler Bozak is by far the biggest name. That says something.

No I have not, I usually don't look at the "Free Agency" until the playoffs start (Because most UFAs will sign with their team before of after the playoffs) and it gives me a better look at who's actually available, what would be your best website to be able to change the filter to handedness? Cause i would take a look soon of you say Bozak is the best, I wonder how he would be on our third line with Janks and himself splitting the C and Bennett on the left, do you think Shore would be fast enough to play with the DUO and not be behind on the play, he'd offset Johnnys defenseless game(even though he makes some solid defensive plays we should add some defense with skill on the right side)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How fast is shore?

The biggest problem with our 4th line is Stajan and Brouwer are too slow. Either one of them put with some of the younger quicker guys have been pretty effective but when they are both playing it's just too slow.

From what I've seen, not elite, but also not Jagr.
Middle of the road, with good IQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad