Confirmed Trade: [CGY/OTT] Curtis Lazar and Mike Kostka for Jyrki Jokipakka and a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The important thing to note is that they are bottom 6 players.

What wrong with bottom 6 players for the prices we paid?

It seemed like they weren't even that on the Sens. We got Chiasson for Sieloff who would have been halfway down the depth chart to retirement. Good trade, but I feel bad for Sieloff. You should see if you can flip him to Vancouver for something. Seriously.

Time will tell on the Lazar trade, but I think it's a win, win. I think Lazar has the ability to be a middle 6 guy for us. The Sens get a dice roll on a guy who wasn't fitting on the team and likely could be lost on waiver in a seasons' time. It's pretty much a reverse Baertschi and Granlund trade for us. Except Granlund and Baertschi needed to be top 9 or bust players, and we couldn't fit them there.

Curious question, how happy are you guys with Jokkipakka vs Kostka?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'd odd reading the comments about Lazar by Ottawa fans. We heard similar things regarding Chiasson and both have already shown themselves as good options in our bottom 6. I'm thinking it's purely bad fits in Ottawa based on play style.

Dear Ottawa Senators. Are you interested in trading other players to Calgary? :)

Stone please :)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

It seemed like they weren't even that on the Sens. We got Chiasson for Sieloff who would have been halfway down the depth chart to retirement. Good trade, but I feel bad for Sieloff. You should see if you can flip him to Vancouver for something. Seriously.

Time will tell on the Lazar trade, but I think it's a win, win. I think Lazar has the ability to be a middle 6 guy for us. The Sens get a dice roll on a guy who wasn't fitting on the team and likely could be lost on waiver in a seasons' time. It's pretty much a reverse Baertschi and Granlund trade for us. Except Granlund and Baertschi needed to be top 9 or bust players, and we couldn't fit them there.

It definitely feels like most of our players magically play better when they leave Ottawa. I guess that's what happens when we rely on bargain bin coaching and lineup patches for nearly a decade. :(

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He hasn't played enough to get any highlight video made yet- but by end of playoffs I bet someone will be bored enough to put a quick one together. I was actually extremely surprised how well he has been handling the puck because I got the same impression watching clips of him in Ottawa. Honestly he's looked great. :yo:

That's good, hopefully he keeps it up because there was a reason to be worried for his NHL career this season

I'd odd reading the comments about Lazar by Ottawa fans. We heard similar things regarding Chiasson and both have already shown themselves as good options in our bottom 6. I'm thinking it's purely bad fits in Ottawa based on play style.

Dear Ottawa Senators. Are you interested in trading other players to Calgary? :)

A portion of HF Sens (the most vocal group) spends a lot of time crapping/complaining on several Sens players and how bad they are/not even NHL material. But once they are traded away, it's weird to see that they can actually play in that league, like Chiasson and Lazar. It's weird, some Sens fans have a weird fascination with "it's Alfie/Karlsson or bust". You would be amazed by the amount of flack/hate long-time Senators like Phillips and Neil received towards the end of their career. It was not really cool to witness if you have been a long-time Sens fan going to war with the 2 Chris.

One of the scapegoats this year seems to be Cody Ceci, so be ready to welcome him in the next coming years :sarcasm:

There's also Bobby Ryan that you could get for nothing. Just send Troy Brouwer and enjoy Ryan back over 50 pts next season. He's pricey but only 2.75 more than Brouwer and much much more talented. Play him with skilled players who can pass and receive pucks at a high level and watch him produce.

Jokki just played a bit because of injuries and won't be back next year, too much depth even if they lose a D-man to LV

Karlsson
Ceci
Phaneuf
Methot
Chabot
Wideman
Claesson
Harpur
Borowiecki
Englund (not fully NHL ready though)

I don't know what was wrong with Kostka this year but he was awful in Bingo, for some reason. Looks like he turned his season around.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Double F

If Chiasson is working out so well how come the Flames were trying to trade him.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

I mean if you want to trade 2nd rounders for bottom 6 forwards then yes!

Emerica

May 29, 2010

A nobody for a nobody. Those guys were throw-ins.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Double F

If Chiasson is working out so well how come the Flames were trying to trade him.

I haven't heard anything about that. Chiasson is what he is - a decent 3rd or 4th liner who wont kill you defensively. I dont have any issues with him.

Brouwer on the other hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad