Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Jacob Markstrom signs with the Flames (6 years, $6M AAV)

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I understand the rational of why he's leaving but I don't understand Vancouver fans being excited about him leaving. He's a freaking stud of a goalie and will definitely be missed.

Reactions: Pardoe727

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Watch it be two years at $5 million and my Canuck fanbase FURTHER implodes :laugh:

:cry:

Reactions: Morrison

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I understand the rational of why he's leaving but I don't understand Vancouver fans being excited about him leaving. He's a freaking stud of a goalie and will definitely be missed.

They've got Demko and now Holtby, and have to re-sign Hughes and Petterson next year.

Realistically, even if they wanted to pick him over Demko, the cap hit was going to hurt them in those two extensions.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

We're not excited he's leaving. He carried the team. We're just glad that we didn't commit 5 years+ to him considering his age, Demko's readiness and the expansion draft. This was a decision that HAD to be made and I think Benning made the right call here.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
SOunds like someone is playing pingpong in the fan960 studio

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I honestly like headcase Rittich. I don't think Markstrom is a massive upgrade, but clearly better in a pinch. Please don't overpay Tre (on term).

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Bullet dodged for the Oilers. He's a good goalie but that rumour offering max term to him was a bad idea.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010

He will be missed, but I think the Canucks were wary of giving a goalie a long-term deal when you had a solid goalie in Demko who has shown potential of being a starter in a year or so. You wouldn't want a Luongo/Schneider situation again where you have a good goalie outplayed by a younger one despite having years left on the contract. I'm happy with a Demko/Holtby tandem but wish Markstrom the best wherever he goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad