other reasons to watch
-1st time Flames play Connor Bedard
-you love punishment

Flames missing the playoffs and trending towards a top 10 pick:

filipino-girl.gif

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Haven’t watched a ton of Bedard this year outside of highlights because Chicago is just abysmal so I’m looking forward to this one

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Can't believe Huberdeau-Sharangovich-Kuz is still intact. Coronato 4th line. Ugly

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'll be cheering in spirit from work, just heading out.

Hoping for a couple of goals out of a couple of our goal leaders.

I wish they'd keep going with Wolf though. Maybe they'll be alternating games, who knows. *edit - maybe Wolfie is better used in the minors at the moment, probably.

Go Flames!

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
In Huberdeau , we have the right tank commander in charge. The guy is unbelievably overpaid and has incredible amount of giveaways per game. Sure he creates an odd chance that will result in a goal but the amount of lost pucks... Christ!

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Anyone over 28 years old looks like they've checked out.
I don't blame them honestly, but Conroy had no choice but to gut the team. Can't sign the guys who didn't want to be here.
We're going to need to have a lot of patience in the next couple of seasons.
Veterans are definitely checked out, Backlund, Coleman, Weegar, and Andersson have all had night and day differences since we shipped out our FAs. Can’t say I blame them, you’re battling and making up ground in the playoff race when you get the rug pulled out from under you. Can’t imagine this lasts longer than this season though. Conroy has already talked about adding players in free agency, and players have too much pride to go into a season not chasing playoffs again. Don’t think we have to worry about players trying to bolt unless we truly blow it up. Doesn’t sound like that’s the plan at all though.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Can someone explain the conditions on the Monahan trade? Is there a sweet spot where we can suck and not hand it over?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Can someone explain the conditions on the Monahan trade? Is there a sweet spot where we can suck and not hand it over?

Depends, one of our firsts next year is gone no matter what* (we still technically have two, ours and Florida's from the Tkachuk trade), but what is the most likely scenario is either:

1) Flames are a bottom 10 team, we send them the Florida pick.

2) Flames finish outside the bottom 10 (aka 11-32), we send Montreal our pick and keep Florida's.

*However, if Florida falls off a cliff and is in the lottery next year then things get wack and we could send them ours even if it is is also a top 10 pick.

Reactions: Deen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad