OT: CF Montreal thread: Cement Feet, Can't Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I can't believe what happened yesterday lol... I arrived late to the game with my GF, we arrived roughly as the 2nd half started, but they wouldn't let us in because they said the section 132 was closed off and they cleared the whole thing because something happened. I asked if they would let us in and sit at other seats to accomodate and whatnot since we didn't have anything to do with what happened. They said no, they wouldn't let us in, etc. I said I didn't understand, I was a season ticket holder and how wrong it is to not le us in if we have tickets.

We then left. I wrote an email this morning to the sales team and asked them to reimburse me for the tickets for this game. I drove 4 hours total to attend the game and head back home, but was waved off for no particular reason.

Long story short, my gf and I went to a restaurant beforehand, and since we arrived a bit late to the place I figured I didn't care if we missed part of the game. I'd rather have us enjoy dinner together, etc.

But we ended missing the whole game lol

Worst part is that in the highlights you can see people in the 132, I'm really confused.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
I can't believe what happened yesterday lol... I arrived late to the game with my GF, we arrived roughly as the 2nd half started, but they wouldn't let us in because they said the section 132 was closed off and they cleared the whole thing because something happened. I asked if they would let us in and sit at other seats to accomodate and whatnot since we didn't have anything to do with what happened. They said no, they wouldn't let us in, etc. I said I didn't understand, I was a season ticket holder and how wrong it is to not le us in if we have tickets.

We then left. I wrote an email this morning to the sales team and asked them to reimburse me for the tickets for this game. I drove 4 hours total to attend the game and head back home, but was waved off for no particular reason.

Long story short, my gf and I went to a restaurant beforehand, and since we arrived a bit late to the place I figured I didn't care if we missed part of the game. I'd rather have us enjoy dinner together, etc.

But we ended missing the whole game lol

Worst part is that in the highlights you can see people in the 132, I'm really confused.
damn that sucks

did they end up reimbursing you ?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
damn that sucks

did they end up reimbursing you ?

Yeah, one of the reps called me and said he was sorry. Apparently there was a bonfire outside the stadium before the game, and some people threw smokes at the office of Gilmore. They somehow figured that it was from people of the 132 (the ultras section), so the security guards blocked entry for anybody who had tickets in the section.

I asked to be reminbursed outright, but I figure they will just give me a credit on my account for the value of the tickets. The rep told me he would talk with his boss and come back to me.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Tutul Rahman had a nice tweet thread Monday about expected goals too, and she argued Nacho was the most talented goal scorer the league has ever seen.

But yeah, Djordje is the real MVP this season. Torres is on the come-up and he's more spectacular. But Djordje is more effective. He was involved in all 3 goals last Friday. We unfortunately won't be able to enjoy him at Stade Saputo for much longer :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Tutul Rahman had a nice tweet thread Monday about expected goals too, and she argued Nacho was the most talented goal scorer the league has ever seen.
You could make an argument for that, especially if you factor in how much of his offense he generated essentially by himself. He made pretty much every opportunity count.

Reactions: Habs Icing

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
You could make an argument for that, especially if you factor in how much of his offense he generated essentially by himself. He made pretty much every opportunity count.
Nacho scored 17 goals a year, but he was absolutely lethal in specific situations, that’s why you always had the feeling he would score every game.

The stat she or he used (not sure if Tutul is a man or a woman haha), was Goals minus expected goals, for shooters with 300+ shots and then 200+ shots.

In the 200+ shots, the only one ahead of Nacho was Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and right after him was Jozef Martinez. In the 300+ shots, Nacho was in a league of his own. The Mls armchair analyst said he thinks that's because a lot of Nacho's goals were curl-ins in a position where most players won't score. That's probably part of the explanation. But it's still cool to see that the underlying numbers support our claim as fans that Nacho should be heralded as an all-time great league-wise, not just Impact-wise.

Worst players in that category were Fanendo Adi and former Impact ''great'' Quincy Amarikwa :laugh:

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Some good news, I am fortunate to have nearly all the networks worldwide. Would have been mad weird watching this important game from a Honduran/CA network because its blocked on Canadian TV. Onesoccer is not it. Regardless, I am glad.

Victor Wanyama at 6:01

I did not watch the video yet but I better see Seedorf's goal vs Atletico and Inter, Dejan Stankovic and Matias Almeyda vs Parma. I think Seedorf's goal vs Atletico is the best goal in the football's history...

Reactions: JayKing

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The first of the biggest 14 matches in a long long time is happening tonight. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Canada definitely walks away with a win. Probably 2-0. We have the best set of attackers in all of CONCACAF and our midfielders are second to none..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad