OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah he won't stay long in Bologna. He wasn't sure to stay after this season.. but with the team in the Champions League, I wonder if he'll stay another year or cash in right now at some big club.. like ManU
Good chance he joins Juve next year.

• Wow
Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Does this mean Biello to Montreal?
For one of the management jobs we need to fill now? I mean, maybe I guess ? He's certainly familiar with Joey and the organization, nothing would take him by surprise there. He has a decent head on his shoulders and his son is with the team now, so he might be motivated. I'm not against it, he might be the only type of guy we can get at this point for these lame duck jobs anyway. It's not exactly an easy sell. I'll take a sorta competent yes man at this point, if it means no drama for a while :help:

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
For one of the management jobs we need to fill now? I mean, maybe I guess ? He's certainly familiar with Joey and the organization, nothing would take him by surprise there. He has a decent head on his shoulders and his son is with the team now, so he might be motivated. I'm not against it, he might be the only type of guy we can get at this point for these lame duck jobs anyway. It's not exactly an easy sell. I'll take a sorta competent yes man at this point, if it means no drama for a while :help:

I bet he stays with the National Team. Jesse Marsh will probably look for someone with "insider info".

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I like Marsh. Is he going to learn French again?

He was probably one of the top candidates

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So Saputo funded a portion of Marsch's salary with Canada along with MLSE and Vancouver.

He better not mess this up or he'll get the boot lol

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It's hard to say whether or not it will be a good hire in the end. The OneSoccer team did a pretty good panel and the biggest thing is whether or not Jesse can learn to implement a slower, more tactical approach to break a team down when they face a team who's just going to sit low and wait for the counter.

The biggest thing for me is that he is extremely well spoken and a great salesman. Everyone seems to love him and he does get buy in from the players. The hope is that he can bring in more dual nationals, especially those that might look at the USMNT and sell them on Team Canada because we desperately need reinforcements at pretty much all positions.

As for the money thing, you can certainly criticize Canada Soccer as a whole for the position that they're in due to mismanagement over the past....lots of years, but at the same time, you have to give credit to Kevin Blue for getting creative and finding other ways to get money so they could get the guy they wanted.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's hard to say whether or not it will be a good hire in the end. The OneSoccer team did a pretty good panel and the biggest thing is whether or not Jesse can learn to implement a slower, more tactical approach to break a team down when they face a team who's just going to sit low and wait for the counter.

The biggest thing for me is that he is extremely well spoken and a great salesman. Everyone seems to love him and he does get buy in from the players. The hope is that he can bring in more dual nationals, especially those that might look at the USMNT and sell them on Team Canada because we desperately need reinforcements at pretty much all positions.

As for the money thing, you can certainly criticize Canada Soccer as a whole for the position that they're in due to mismanagement over the past....lots of years, but at the same time, you have to give credit to Kevin Blue for getting creative and finding other ways to get money so they could get the guy they wanted.
Reporters should have asked him what the MLS tag entailed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad