OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He most likely wants more than Piette. And the club is saying nein.

I understand why Choiniere has a chip on his shoulder though.

1) Dude was played everywhere except this natural position since the start of his career.
2) Watches Koné and Saliba being put directly into their positions while he had to tap dance to get opportunities.
3) Goes to ASG.
4) Still denied, the club don't wanna pay him.

This is a ridiculous post. You're a pro - nobody owes you anything - it's a business. Everyone copes with this everyday in their jobs. Furthermore, coaches select the starting 11, not the GM or owner. The fanbase has PTSD always looking to blame ownership.

But the most egregious thing is that he is under contract for 2024 and the team has an option for 2025. No one put a gun to his head to sign the deal. Why is he leaking this to the press when the team has done nothing wrong? I find Choiniere (or his agent) behavior reprehensible.

Reactions: HitHard

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
This is a ridiculous post. You're a pro - nobody owes you anything - it's a business. Everyone copes with this everyday in their jobs. Furthermore, coaches select the starting 11, not the GM or owner. The fanbase has PTSD always looking to blame ownership.

But the most egregious thing is that he is under contract for 2024 and the team has an option for 2025. No one put a gun to his head to sign the deal. Why is he leaking this to the press when the team has done nothing wrong? I find Choiniere (or his agent) behavior reprehensible.

You know what's ridiculous to me? Everytime I answer your posts, I feel like I'm answering to someone who started following the club two months ago.

Miljevic, Hamdi, Toye, Lassi...

We like to overpay for external talent instead of paying homegrown talent at full value when they deserve it. Choiniere doesn't owe CFMontrélol a discount on his next contract.

Same thing happened with Piette, but the media backlash was too big and the club had to concede. Remember that time when some people (here included) were freaking out over Piette's 400k? Now that 400k looks like a pretty fair deal, maybe a bargain for a starting #6 in this league. I bet you don't like to remember that either.

That said, we don't know what Choiniere is asking for, but knowing the history of this dogshit club, It's probably an ego thing. If Choiniere pulls a Nancy, then so be it, this club deserves nothing more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad