GDT: Cesko vs USA, Dec 29, 11am EST

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
USA/Slovakia winner-take-all (whether in regulation or OT/shootout) for 1st place in the group, although the Quarters of Germany or Finland then potential Semis with either Canada or Sweden means there's not a ton to play for.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, those young men should've left the ice with their heads down after the win.

That's something I hate, kids celebrating winning a game.
I think people have forgotten that we beat the US last time we played them in the Quarters and that we are the defending silver medalists here and the 2 seed.

Some of these comments make it sound like we are Croatia here.lol

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Thats not what I said, but he looked like a fool going down on knee with the big arm sweep and slicking back his glove on his helmet.
Game winning scores tend to get celebrated, you new to sports?

Close call for the greatest team ever assembled
I'll take things nobody has ever said for $500

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Typical Canadian take, attacking me for being American.
you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif

Reactions: Summer Rose

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Good game. Pity the shootout didn't end the other way but then again, it was "only" a group stage game. The Czech team was tactically very well prepared, they were using a lot of disruptive plays in the neutral zone, resulting in puck steals and opportunities to move forward: Something which has "always" been typical for Czech hockey. It is apparent now what the chance vs. the US team is: To not let them gain full speed through the neutral zone. When their opponent is playing with all five players close together, with not much room in between them, then the main quality of the US team, speed, can be eliminated, at least partially.

I am glad the Czech team seems to be getting better game by game. The first one was a disaster, the second was a mandatory win but a good work overall, today it was a very good performance. Now they need to get ready for the game vs. Switzerland, and obviously above all for the QF game.

The US - SVK game can be very interesting. Since Germany is on the track to end 3rd in their group, it is hard to say that winning this group would bring any big advantage to the winner. Plus, QF games are always so tricky and upredictable, "choosing your opponent" seldom works. The last round will be mainly about getting ready for the QF game for all the teams which are already advancing there with certainty.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
The US - SVK game can be very interesting. Since Germany is on the track to end 3rd in their group, it is hard to say that winning this group would bring any big advantage to the winner. Plus, QF games are always so tricky and upredictable, "choosing your opponent" seldom works. The last round will be mainly about getting ready for the QF game for all the teams which are already advancing there with certainty.
The US came for nothing but gold, I bet they don't care if it will be Germany or Finland

Reactions: Devonator

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Good game. Pity the shootout didn't end the other way but then again, it was "only" a group stage game. The Czech team was tactically very well prepared, they were using a lot of disruptive plays in the neutral zone, resulting in puck steals and opportunities to move forward: Something which has "always" been typical for Czech hockey. It is apparent now what the chance vs. the US team is: To not let them gain full speed through the neutral zone. When their opponent is playing with all five players close together, with not much room in between them, then the main quality of the US team, speed, can be eliminated, at least partially.

I am glad the Czech team seems to be getting better game by game. The first one was a disaster, the second was a mandatory win but a good work overall, today it was a very good performance. Now they need to get ready for the game vs. Switzerland, and obviously above all for the QF game.

Quarters are very much looking to have some very good match ups!

Lots of hockey to be played but US may get Finland (likely)
Czechs likely play Sweden or Canada

Slovaks and Finland is also possible.

My guess today is

Czechs vs Swedes
Canada vs Swiss
US vs Finland
Slovakia vs Germany

But lots of hockey left!

LennyRi

Jun 27, 2012
Rijeka
I think people have forgotten that we beat the US last time we played them in the Quarters and that we are the defending silver medalists here and the 2 seed.

Some of these comments make it sound like we are Croatia here.

saaaay whaaat:))))i am from Croatia :))) dont bash us i think Joe Sakic has some croatian ancestry:D
i was at the game it was most visited match in this smaller arena
-i like Usa nr 8 Rinzel and his game, i wish the Devils drafted him:) Hrabal was i little bit off i thought he would be better

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00