Central Scouting Final Rankings

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I mean I respect Central Scouting but they can't be serious about their CHL overager goalie assessment. Didn't list Meneghin but put friggen St-Hilaire, Oster and Unger on their list. Three absolutely brutal goalies with absolutely zero NHL upside. I don't know about Matecha over Meneghin either considering he fell off the cliff in 2024.

No Jan Spunar either. They're literally denying the existence of the CHL's top goalies this season to list some random dudes. Bollocks. What the heck. Can't make this shit up. Lol.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eiserman has really dropped, and Lindstrom has stayed high despite his injury problems. Surprised to see Connelly ahead of Catton.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
This seems like a very thin draft especially for europe/Sweden.
The draft have never been better for Norway/europe, not even close if this predicition is accurate. The best we ever had in Norway is a 2nd round pick.

Two norwegians in 1.round.
Brandsegg Nygård and Stian Solberg.

One norwegian in 2.round
Noah Steen.

One norwegian in 3. round
Mathias Dehli

Maybe we can get a late round pick on Petter Vesterheim aswell.

Reactions: erikhamren

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
The draft have never been better for Norway/europe, not even close if this predicition is accurate. The best we ever had in Norway is a 2nd round pick.

One norwegian in 2.round
Noah Steen.

Mathias Dehli

Those “rounds” don’t mean what you think they do. That ranking doesn’t include the North American players

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
152 for the second highest scorer by PPG and 3rd for total points in the USHL. Not for draft eligibles, but for all players in the USHL.

The NHL still has a big size bias.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Generally happy with Czech list. Feels like scouts are looking at Czech leagues again and our first round streak will continue. Fibigr felt low. No idea why no spunar.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
WHL rankings are ... pretty boring/reasonable/consensus. The obvious top 4 guys are the top 4 guys listed, nothing really glaring, no obvious omissions. I'd have both Jecho and Roberts much lower but can see where their physical skills would cause some to rank them up.

WHL goalie rankings are ... uhhhhh.

Lukas Matechka had a good 1st half to the season. They ranked him 9th amongst NA goalies at mid-term. In the 2nd half of the season he was mostly hurt and got absolutely ventilated when he did play - .878 save % after January 1. What on earth could possibly have happened to drive him up that far in their rankings? Weird stuff, especially considering how they dropped the other OA goalies off their list entirely.

Reactions: Hinterland

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018

One norwegian in 2.round
Noah Steen.

Mathias Dehli

an unprecedent draft for norway does not make up for a very down year for sweden, Slovakia has a down compared to some recent years and a just ok russia year imo.

Czechia has some interesting prospects but there still just projects.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
WHL rankings are ... pretty boring/reasonable/consensus. The obvious top 4 guys are the top 4 guys listed, nothing really glaring, no obvious omissions. I'd have both Jecho and Roberts much lower but can see where their physical skills would cause some to rank them up.

WHL goalie rankings are ... uhhhhh.

Lukas Matechka had a good 1st half to the season. They ranked him 9th amongst NA goalies at mid-term. In the 2nd half of the season he was mostly hurt and got absolutely ventilated when he did play - .878 save % after January 1. What on earth could possibly have happened to drive him up that far in their rankings? Weird stuff, especially considering how they dropped the other OA goalies off their list entirely.
Agreed. Well, they did list Jackson Unger but I have no clue why, of all people, that guy should have NHL upside. The same goes for the other CHL overager goalies listed. I have no clue how they came up with this shit.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
This is one of their lazier releases. Massive oversights in every league except the CHL (surprise surprise). The CHL double-overage obsession has to end at some point, as does “his dad played so rank him”. Kiviharju, Jiricek needed to be docked for not playing elite-level hockey before injuries. The Swedish rankings are lazy and seem to ignore the playoffs. Many of the later SM-Sarja kids have been vastly outperformed by other FYEs for more than half a season, but if they were watch-listed or ranked at midterm, they weren’t replaced. Saarinen was rough to watch many, many times. The Minnesota HS rankings are embarrassing. No Hirschfeld or Uhlenkamp but Javon Moore stays in the 40s after being invisible in the sectional. They crushed the NTDP almost across the board but held many CHL kids to different standards.

Levshunov has no business being ahead of Buium. Hemming got demoted for the SM Liiga playoffs while Artamonov was halfway decent against SKA.

Too many questionable decisions. They dropped kids with strong second halves, leadership traits, size, etc. How the hell is Hjalte Thomsen omitted after being so good all season, crushing the D1A WC, and at times 2nd line in the SHL but the overage C on shitty IKO Langus wasn’t? Langus is a good 200-foot center but is the fourth or fifth best player on his team and Kopac does all the creating on their line.

Shame the mainstream will eat all of these rankings up. Shady shit as usual. They need to make their meetings public on YT.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I mean I respect Central Scouting but they can't be serious about their CHL overager goalie assessment. Didn't list Meneghin but put friggen St-Hilaire, Oster and Unger on their list. Three absolutely brutal goalies with absolutely zero NHL upside. I don't know about Matecha over Meneghin either considering he fell off the cliff in 2024.

No Jan Spunar either. They're literally denying the existence of the CHL's top goalies this season to list some random dudes. Bollocks. What the heck. Can't make this shit up. Lol.

Meneghin must have done something, lol Hockey Canada even ignored him. Some team is going to steal him late, mark my words. He's been one of the best in the WHL for the past few years.

Yakemchuk is way too low for me. I'm also one of the few people out there that don't have Lindstrom so high. 3 is a bit much.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
But if he scores 40 goals per year he probably will be.
Sure if some NHL team thinks that's his potential and he can bring other stuff along for the pro ride but I still doubt tip 5 but some team might take him top 10 sure.

Personally I wouldn't take him that high but that's me.

Reactions: person5000

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Just here to say Eiserman is still the 2nd best player in this draft.

His performance at the W U-18 will go a long way in determining his draft position. Like it or not, this tournament plays an outside role in determining rankings. If he falls below expectations, he will most certainly fall out of the top 10. A strong or dominant performance will vault him back up into the top 5.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
His performance at the W U-18 will go a long way in determining his draft position. Like it or not, this tournament plays an outside role in determining rankings. If he falls below expectations, he will most certainly fall out of the top 10. A strong or dominant performance will vault him back up into the top 5.
I don't know about that. If you haven't like Eiserman's play all year, I'm not sure scoring 4 goals against Latvia does anything to change that opinion.

I know a ranking != a mock, but I find it hard to believe Eiserman falls out of the top 10 on draft day. Only time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad