9rxS1W7.png

Winnipeg Remaining Schedule

U96Ylhm.png

Gonna be interesting down the stretch.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Been wanting to ask this question but didn't want to start a new thread to do it...

What the hell is up with the Predators lately??

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Been wanting to ask this question but didn't want to start a new thread to do it...

Not entirely sure. My uneducated guess would be that Rinne came out of God mode. Could a Nashville fan please weigh in?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

The Wild broke Rinne. at least temporarily. i expect he'll get his magic back the next time we play them.

deansredhalo

May 5, 2012
Not entirely sure. My uneducated guess would be that Rinne came out of God mode. Could a Nashville fan please weigh in?

Can't say for sure...combination of poor puck luck, team looking tired, some strategic changes, and TBH Rinne looks like something is up with him. Not moving well.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Preds are def blowing the big lead they had built up but STL isn't exactly taking full advantage of it either.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

They have played more games than any team since the all star break I believe. They have looked tired and uninspired lately. They came out with a much better effort tonight obviously looking to break their slump but they still suffered far to many defensive lapses that lead to prime scoring opportunities, which NYI impressively would jump on quickly, and quite frankly Rinne just doesn't look right. He isn't playing well by an average goalie's standard much less to his standards. As Preds fans we pretty much expect Rinne to stop everything even good/great scoring chances. He set that standard for himself. Right now if the other team even gets a decent look you are nervous. Franson and perhaps more importantly Jones's minutes and responsibilities need to be scaled back. Jones is a perfect example of a young player right now; good for 10 games then bad for the next 10. There isn't much middle ground in his game right now.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
They have played more games than any team since the all star break I believe. They have looked tired and uninspired lately. They came out with a much better effort tonight obviously looking to break their slump but they still suffered far to many defensive lapses that lead to prime scoring opportunities, which NYI impressively would jump on quickly, and quite frankly Rinne just doesn't look right. He isn't playing well by an average goalie's standard much less to his standards. As Preds fans we pretty much expect Rinne to stop everything even good/great scoring chances. He set that standard for himself. Right now if the other team even gets a decent look you are nervous. Franson and perhaps more importantly Jones's minutes and responsibilities need to be scaled back. Jones is a perfect example of a young player right now; good for 10 games then bad for the next 10. There isn't much middle ground in his game right now.

Rinne's save percentage seems to be all over the place, .846, .924, .848.

Those are ballpark numbers. I dont remember specifics. Just surprised that his numbers would be below .900. That's like, Minnesota Wild early season goaltending. Yikes!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's crazy to see those division standings, then remember back on Jan. 27th the Wild were 14 points behind the Jets!

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
It's crazy to see those division standings, then remember back on Jan. 27th the Wild were 14 points behind the Jets!

The funny thing is the Jets havent played bad in the last 45 days, no they have not played great but to blow a 14 point lead in that time you would think you would have to tank.

Nothingman*

it is a crazy conference. Teams streaking both directions.

Preds look really off. Blues and Hawks are just meh and waiting forthe PO to roll around. Wild and Winni going to fight it out with LA for wildcard or maybe MN overtakes Chi. But MN has a tough stretch coming up too. Winni looks like it has a tougher schedule but who knows how everyone will be playing. Makes for fun viewing!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The division is loaded. I thought the Hawks were more or less locked into the 3 seed but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Hawks and Blues play each other 2 of the last 4 games. Could be really interesting.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Last 9 games for the Wild is a freaking buzzsaw. 3 of the 5 best teams in the East, LA and Calgary, who they'll likely be fighting for WC spots, then the 4 other good teams in the Central. Would be incredibly impressive to come out of that in the playoffs and even more so if they can get the 3 seed.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
The Central division is insane this year !!

Last place from each division :

Colorado - 67 points
Carolina - 55 points
Edmonton - 46 points
Buffalo - 43 points

Number of points separating 1st from last in a division :

Central division : 22 points
Metropolitan division : 32 points
Atlantic division : 45 points
Pacific divison : 45 points

Not one team in the Central is playing under .5 hockey this year. Toronto, Buffalo are playing under .5 in the Atlantic. Columbus and Carolina are playing under .5 in the Metropolitan. Arizona and Edmonton are playing under .5 in the Pacific division.

Everybody had predicted the Central would be a blood bath this year. It sure has been one and the season hasn't yet come to an end. :laugh:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Preds w/ Olli 38-12-6
Preds w/o Olli 3-6-1

Ooh, mama.

Scrathes not taken into account.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Last 9 games for the Wild is a freaking buzzsaw. 3 of the 5 best teams in the East, LA and Calgary, who they'll likely be fighting for WC spots, then the 4 other good teams in the Central. Would be incredibly impressive to come out of that in the playoffs and even more so if they can get the 3 seed.

Yep they had stretch like that last year at the end of the season and they did pretty good. I would rather them play playoff teams down the stretch then non playoff teams. They just really need Scandella and Spurgeon back.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Definitely the best division in hockey. Although lately the top teams haven't been too impressive. Nashville perhaps coming back to earth a little bit? Could be just a temporary slump with Rinne being human, but the pace they were on didn't feel sustainable when you look at their forward group. Interesting to see if they can turn it up again going into the playoffs.

I think St.Louis will be 1st in the division at the end.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Definitely the best division in hockey. Although lately the top teams haven't been too impressive. Nashville perhaps coming back to earth a little bit? Could be just a temporary slump with Rinne being human, but the pace they were on didn't feel sustainable when you look at their forward group. Interesting to see if they can turn it up again going into the playoffs.
I think St.Louis will be 1st in the division at the end.

2 comments on this one.
1) Compare to last year, without hard and fast numbers. Colorado played out of their heads all year, had a slight slump in February and fell out of the top spot. Went back to playing out of their heads the last 2 weeks and won the division anyway. Does Nashville do something similar this year???
2) I agree with Pavels Dog in that I think St Louis ends up 1st in the division.

Wpg vs Minny April 6th...mark it on your calendar folks

Will be the continuing of a growing rivalry. Although, to be honest, if you think the Wild's schedule down the stretch is hard, look at Winnipeg's. Even worse.

Honest prediction:

St Louis wins the division, with Nashville 2nd. Chicago and Minnesota will end up very close for 3rd. Winnipeg will the 8th seed (2nd WC). And, I hope that St Louis wins the conference, so the Wild/Chicago play in the Pacific bracket. Otherwise, it's the weird scenario where the 8th seed gets a better run that the 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad