Kings News: Center ice logo

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
As for the crown logo, I agree. Both our vintage crown logo and our more recent crown logo look outdated and not well designed. At least the 60's one looks like a crown, while the 90's crown just looks like a combination of weird shapes sort of resembling a crown. When it comes down to it, it's actually a poorly designed 90's logo and it's showing it's age. I agree I'd like to see a more iconic and well designed crown as our main logo. Something that looks timeless so we're not changing logos every 10 years. Would be an interesting experiment to get a bunch of graphic designers to re-imagine an LA Kings logo. I have a feeling it's not easy. Just doing a google image search for crown logos, most of them are pretty bad.

Ya, just crowd source it and see what happens. :shakehead

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Off-topic. Why does the team that will host the all-star game have the ASG logo on center ice all season? Even after the ASG itself? It looks stupid. I don't remember, but did the Kings still have the ASG logo all season in 2001-02?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Because this is what Ice Jersey's has been told.
http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=5725&p=120999

Thank you for contacting IceJerseys.com.

We are sorry to inform you that presently this is all that is offered by Reebok...
We have also been told there will be a short list of teams available next fall as well and only in the
home team. We as a retailer find this very frustrating as there is great demand for authentic edge 2.0 jerseys
(made in Canada), but Reebok does not want to carry the inventory...

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

- IceJerseys Customer Service

Now they might tell the team and do something different for them.

Reebok wouldn't be carrying the inventory if the Kings bought the jerseys to sell in the TEAMLA store.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Reebok wouldn't be carrying the inventory if the Kings bought the jerseys to sell in the TEAMLA store.

Reebok needs to carry the inventory for the retailers to order from them to sell unless they are making every authentic jersey to order. At which time delivery times would be horrible.

thefizzle656

Aug 31, 2013
Orange County, CA

For those interested, Reebok is expanding the availability of NHL jerseys (the EDGE 2.0 actual Canadian-made jerseys) to the public this year. There is a retailer over on the IceJerseys NHL jersey forum named dsl135 that has access to a distributor and order NHL jerseys directly from Reebok with the condition that for any team and style an order of 25 jerseys has to be placed (So if he wants to place an order for Kings third jerseys he has to order 25, sizes can be mixed and matched but have to be in increments of 5. So for example he could order 5 size 50, 5 size 52, 10 size 54, 5 size 56). Based on that there is a good chance that TEAM LA will be carrying Canadian-made Kings jerseys this season. Reebok is not carrying inventory but is basically making them available on a to-order basis.

That said, I would love to have a Kings Vintage (which is now the third?) jersey but can't place an order with this guy unless I can find 24 others to go in with me (MSRP cost is $349.99 per jersey. Yeah it's steep lol). So if anybody is interested in going in on a group order you can check out dsl135 on IceJerseys and ask him for all the details. I know that he runs a NHL jersey business out of Buffalo or some other place in upstate NY.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
For those interested, Reebok is expanding the availability of NHL jerseys (the EDGE 2.0 actual Canadian-made jerseys) to the public this year. There is a retailer over on the IceJerseys NHL jersey forum named dsl135 that has access to a distributor and order NHL jerseys directly from Reebok with the condition that for any team and style an order of 25 jerseys has to be placed (So if he wants to place an order for Kings third jerseys he has to order 25, sizes can be mixed and matched but have to be in increments of 5. So for example he could order 5 size 50, 5 size 52, 10 size 54, 5 size 56). Based on that there is a good chance that TEAM LA will be carrying Canadian-made Kings jerseys this season. Reebok is not carrying inventory but is basically making them available on a to-order basis.

That said, I would love to have a Kings Vintage (which is now the third?) jersey but can't place an order with this guy unless I can find 24 others to go in with me (MSRP cost is $349.99 per jersey. Yeah it's steep lol). So if anybody is interested in going in on a group order you can check out dsl135 on IceJerseys and ask him for all the details. I know that he runs a NHL jersey business out of Buffalo or some other place in upstate NY.

Are the vintage jerseys only going to be made available as authentics? I'd be more interested in them if they were replicas as I can't justify paying that kind of money on a jersey that I just want to add to my collection.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Are the vintage jerseys only going to be made available as authentics? I'd be more interested in them if they were replicas as I can't justify paying that kind of money on a jersey that I just want to add to my collection.

The CCM vintage jerseys have been avail for quite sometime. They are slightly different but if you want a replica it's the best bet really. And your guess is as good as anyone else really on if they will have the newer ones avail. But they seem to be pushing the crap out of the non-authentic jerseys.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Reebok needs to carry the inventory for the retailers to order from them to sell unless they are making every authentic jersey to order. At which time delivery times would be horrible.

Reebok can sell the Kings authentic jerseys with just the crest, or they could sew on the name and number of popular players. You can't tell me authentic Forum Blue jerseys with Kopitar, Brown, Quick, and Doughty's names and numbers wouldn't sell.

It's just another excuse. The Kings seem to have no problem buying up dozens of the authentic black crap to sell in the TEAMLA store.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
To be honest, i've been liking the pictures of the progress on facebook and didn't even notice that it was the home plate lol. It looks pretty slick.

Kopistar

Jan 28, 2007
Off-topic. Why does the team that will host the all-star game have the ASG logo on center ice all season? Even after the ASG itself? It looks stupid. I don't remember, but did the Kings still have the ASG logo all season in 2001-02?

Probably because the team hosting would have to completely get rid of the ice, white out the whole center ice logo, repaint it for ASG weekend, then quickly repaint it back to the old logo.

Pure logistics.

Ron*

Probably because the team hosting would have to completely get rid of the ice, white out the whole center ice logo, repaint it for ASG weekend, then quickly repaint it back to the old logo.

Pure logistics.

Yup. It's a ****-load of work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad