Kings News: Center ice logo

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like they changed the logo for this season. I prefer the crown.

BTMQrNDCEAAQ4x6.jpg:large

KingKopitar11*

It was only a matter of time. I honestly don't mind it. I think it's still sexy. We have a pretty sexy team in regards to Unis and logo. Sexy is always sexy no matter the sexy situation.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'd prefer the crown. But its not the end of the world to change to the current logo. The only thing that I have a problem with is how are the players and viewers suppossed to see the puck?

HolyShot*

I'd prefer the crown. But its not the end of the world to change to the current logo. The only thing that I have a problem with is how are the players and viewers suppossed to see the puck?

My thoughts exactly. Another great idea by the guys in marketing.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
cool - the L.A. Homeplates. :p: It was only a matter of time.

And with the crown being so small, cutting it in half for the red line really makes it look like it's,... well, cut in half and separated. This wasn't really noticeable with the big crown.

4/10

5-Hole

Mar 1, 2002
Burbank, CA
Visit site
I'm OK with it since they are keeping the mini crowns on the red line. (which I had never noticed until last year) Actually...it looks good. Let's get started!!!

Ron*

My thoughts exactly. Another great idea by the guys in marketing.

It won't be a problem. Remember, the painted ice is the bottom layer on the concrete surface, and is 1/32 of an inch thick. By the time the other 31/32 inch is laid over it, the black will be pretty dimmed out. Then as the players skate over it in pre-period warm-ups, it gets even lighter.

So actually I don't anticipate any issues.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
They're not changing the logo and unis again for a while. So get used to it. lol

They also updated the Bud Light ads.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Doesn't he always do that?

I really don't think they'd repaint center ice and then suddenly change the logo and uniforms. :laugh: Yeah, I'm guessing, but the kind of guess I'd put money on.

They repaint the "ice" quite often. I wouldn't use that as any kind of evidence.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
That's a lot of black at center ice. Puck will be invisible when it crosses the logo.

BTW, are we the only team that doesn't have four different ads in the neutral zone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad