Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not mention he must dish out as many hits as Reavo and Trouba. Not as hard mind you but he's a lot more physical than I realized .
You don't remember him roughing it up against us with the Panthers and more recently Carolina? He is a lot more sandpaper than most people think. Kind of gritty and an instigator of some sorts.
Even with my bad memory, I can remember yelling at the TV for us to go "get that guy". Yeah, beat him up AND to literally "get that guy" and happy we did.

Just gonna say, he has you guys right where he wants you lol. Even I thought some of my 4d chess theories might've been a stretch, I might've been reading into it too much, but nope. The madman is really doing it lol, if you really think he legitimately got injured 3 times in 4 games I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. It'll all make sense soon enough. I thought he was basing everything off of Early-Soviet era satirist playwrites with an aesthetic veneer of Elizabethan theatre but he's definitely showing more of a Machiavellian streak than I imagined he would, as well as integrating Ancient Chinese military tactics to his game. This is the Art of War.

quote-appear-weak-when-you-are-strong-and-strong-when-you-are-weak-sun-tzu-54-81-20.jpg
I wanna know what illegal (or legal) substance you are ingesting.
Because I seriously wanna stay away from it .

Reactions: egelband

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Totally agree. Wish VK had stuck it out the first time and for sure the second time. But here we are. He’s still young and talented. I’m writing off the first half of this season for him but as long as the team supports him and he keeps a good attitude I still have hope. Let’s not write him off.
He's young, but I'm not seeing the talent.

Reactions: Mandar

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I'll die on this hill-Gauthier deserves to stay in the lineup.Even when he isn't scoring,his speed and forechecking causes problems.Good things happen when he's on the ice.His effort on his goal today was amazing and well deserved.Good job by Gallant switching the pairs around too.it worked wonderfully
I have been saying that all along for over a year now . The goals will eventually come from him ...maybe not a lot but probably 15 or so a year . Let the coaching staff reform his game a bit by making him a bottom six guy that can move up if needed with an injury . The guy makes 800,000 and can flat out FLY and is huge and gives that 3rd pairing all kinds of fits on the rush and causes turnovers and scoring chances .......what can you buy for that same money ????

He won't clear waivers the next time . He should be a cheap fixture on this team for the next 6 seasons . Trading him or waiving him and or losing him for diddly squat is a complete failure by management . Some players take longer especially big guys . Give this kid a multiyear deal for peanuts . We need cheap reliable guys looking ahead .

I threw a vote in for Barclay. liked what did there at the end.
Somebody should have went at him full bore....you can't rely on Reaves to do it all . The team is still weak as a whole with not enough of having each other's backs . I hope they can get a bit meaner moving forward.....a 3 goal lead was a great time to pile on to that punk but they did very little . Shesty could have been hurt bad in that one....

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Anyone got video of the Goat goal? Because we will never see that again.

-----

Hey, we got outshot and won.

Turning back that clock to go elite!

Some day I would tell my grandkids (if I even had kids) that I got to see a Gauthier goal in person. No will believe it.

Great game yesterday. Wore my lucky (now it is) KK jersey. I sat just a few rows behind the Rangers bench. I can't remember the last time I saw the Rangers lose in Dallas. It's always a great trip, but I was a little nervous giving up that quick goal with this losing streak.

KK was a beast.

Loved seeing Jones score. He's listed as 5'10" 175 lbs, but he looks like anyone's teenage sister in person.

Those were the best 2 penalty minutes Goodrow has ever taken. I also loved seeing Trouba hit Marchment after he hit our guy that was down.

My gf asked me why we weren't leaving at the end of the game. I told her to wait and soak up this winning feeling. It's always great to win on the road and see all the upset fans (that were talking shit earlier).

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Man shesterkin was awful in this game. Boys bailed him out.

He’s gotta get it together just as much as everyone else.

Happy for julien that’s a heck of a game. No one in their right mind would put Kravtsov in the lineup over this guy right now. One busts his ass every day. The other? Well can’t stay on the ice and when he does he’s doing absolutely nothing.

Reactions: skipmowerman

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Imagine that stood?

Pavelski was standing in Austin when the Stars gained the zone.

I'm generally against the offside review when we get the microscope out to look at skate blades but those types of calls are why it exists.
This is what it was intended for. How do the linesmen miss that? It's become a joke with the microscope. They need to do a couple things. A timer, if the review goes over 30 seconds, then it isn't obvious, call stands. Also 30 seconds, if the play goes on in the zone more than 30 seconds then no review. You had your chance to get it out. But I will keep this one in mind the next time fans complain about a review.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Man shesterkin was awful in this game. Boys bailed him out.

He’s gotta get it together just as much as everyone else.

Happy for julien that’s a heck of a game. No one in their right mind would put Kravtsov in the lineup over this guy right now. One busts his ass every day. The other? Well can’t stay on the ice and when he does he’s doing absolutely nothing.
IMO Shesterkin is having to adjust to not facing a heavy work load all game long. It'll come with time and is ultimately more sustainable but it's still and adjustment. That first Robertson goal was just a bit of bad luck though, maybe he got surprised and was a fraction of a second too late, but that puck was somehow just timed perfect to slip under his pad in the only second it wasn't flush against the ground

In general the rangers seem to be trying to figure out how to play both offense and defense and it might take a little while, so the goal is to just stay in the thick of things until they hit their stride. Feels like when they get all goal scoring happy, the forwards start slacking on their back checks or get caught deep, the D start stepping up too much, and it leads to chances against. If they try to tighten down, then they struggle to convert their offense (but honestly not for any good reason, I think it's mental)

Biggest thing IMO that could use cleaning up overall though is how soft they are at making plays at their own blueline. It's bad chips and soft passes all day long that result in so many turnovers

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
We'd all be annoyed and bored.
yes, and we'd go 60-22 and actually play a style that wins in the playoffs.

Pouliot had a ton of skill and was a staple on our best line.

If Gauthier becomes a 4th liner that's a shoo-in to pencil into the lineup everyday and scores 8 goals, I would be thrilled with that.

I simultaneously think he's a good player and think the expectations are too high, which why people think he's not a good player.
Pouliot topped out as a really fast, uneven, bottom 6 player. He was staple on the third line with Brass and Zucc for... one playoff run. and that was really the best he ever looked in the NHL.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Would really like to see a Fox-Miller pairing. Fox could throw sideline bombs to Miller a couple times each game. Would really keep the opposition on it’s toes and open up the center of the ice. Then Jones-Trouba and Lindgren-Schneider.
I'd wager down the road we'd see this. Though with Lindgren being more of a stay-at-home kinda d-man, I like the idea of him being paired with a more offensive d-man. Regardless, I know Turk said it was just a thing for that, but I thought those D pairings actually made us a lot more solid. It's time Miller is given more responsibility. He's earned it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

This is really why we’re struggling out the gate. Total opposite of last year. We have been the better team almost every night with a few exceptions but the goaltending has been shit frankly.

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
yes, and we'd go 60-22 and actually play a style that wins in the playoffs.

Pouliot topped out as a really fast, uneven, bottom 6 player. He was staple on the third line with Brass and Zucc for... one playoff run. and that was really the best he ever looked in the NHL.

And his role was to skate really fast get in on the forecheck and win board battles. If Gaut did and PK'd he would be a fantastic complementary 3rd liner or solid 4th line

Reactions: gravey9

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

This is really why we’re struggling out the gate. Total opposite of last year. We have been the better team almost every night with a few exceptions but the goaltending has been shit frankly.

Yes but also no. We didn't score goals against Columbus (only 1) and the Islanders. Hard to win that way. Yes, Igor has not been good by his standards but him and Halak have not been the problem when we have lost.

Reactions: haveandare

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Hasn't really been shit.

Igor is playing still above average (though not Vezina caliber yet). Halak had a few stinkers but it doesn't help when the team can't score goals.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hasn't really been shit.

Igor is playing still above average (though not Vezina caliber yet). Halak had a few stinkers but it doesn't help when the team can't score goals.

No Igor is not even playing above average and nowhere near where he should be.

In fairness we haven’t scored in those 4 games but when you’re trailing it’s much tougher to score too. Goaltending hasn’t been good. Needs. To get slot better which it will but it needs to happen fast and again shesty should be begging to get back in there today

Reactions: mas0764

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
IMO Shesterkin is having to adjust to not facing a heavy work load all game long. It'll come with time and is ultimately more sustainable but it's still and adjustment. That first Robertson goal was just a bit of bad luck though, maybe he got surprised and was a fraction of a second too late, but that puck was somehow just timed perfect to slip under his pad in the only second it wasn't flush against the ground

In general the rangers seem to be trying to figure out how to play both offense and defense and it might take a little while, so the goal is to just stay in the thick of things until they hit their stride. Feels like when they get all goal scoring happy, the forwards start slacking on their back checks or get caught deep, the D start stepping up too much, and it leads to chances against. If they try to tighten down, then they struggle to convert their offense (but honestly not for any good reason, I think it's mental)

Biggest thing IMO that could use cleaning up overall though is how soft they are at making plays at their own blueline. It's bad chips and soft passes all day long that result in so many turnovers
This used to be his situation when he was with SKA. Not too many shots but quite a few high danger. And you remember his GAA and saves % there.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
No Igor is not even playing above average and nowhere near where he should be.

In fairness we haven’t scored in those 4 games but when you’re trailing it’s much tougher to score too. Goaltending hasn’t been good. Needs. To get slot better which it will but it needs to happen fast and again shesty should be begging to get back in there today
Yeah, even though he's positive in goals saved above expected, he's still ranked slightly below average across the league. Someone mentioned it in another post, but it could be a timing issue for him since he's seeing a lower shot volume (nothing too drastic) and the Rangers have had the puck much more than usual. I'm not worried about him, but he definitely needs to be a bit better.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah, even though he's positive in goals saved above expected, he's still ranked slightly below average across the league. Someone mentioned it in another post, but it could be a timing issue for him since he's seeing a lower shot volume (nothing too drastic) and the Rangers have had the puck much more than usual. I'm not worried about him, but he definitely needs to be a bit better.
Igor has not been great so far (against the Avs he was though), but he and Halak have not been the problem when we have lost. It has been the lack of goalscoring. I find it ridiculous that some people are even bringing up goaltending at this point.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Igor has not been great so far (against the Avs he was though), but he and Halak have not been the problem when we have lost. It has been the lack of goalscoring. I find it ridiculous that some people are even bringing up goaltending at this point.
Why can't it be both that the team has been shooting below their expectations and getting sub-optimal goaltending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad